Cost of grading

Discussion in 'Modern Chinese Coins & Medallions' started by Honestcoins, Apr 10, 2012.

1. Honestcoins

Honestcoins New Member

I went to the NGC site to see how much it costs to get coins graded. Their list was a little confusing but I think I arrived at silver coins valued less than $300 usd costing $14 usd to grade. Is that correct? Are there any discounts available for being a member of x or for sending in x amount of coins, etc etc? Sorry, I am new to the forum and new to grading and new to pandas. I tried skimming through some threads to see if this question is addressed. If it is, I missed it :-(

2. silverstar1

silverstar1 New Member

You can call ngc and they will be helpful to answer questions . It depends which type of coins you are sending but for general pandas it would fall under the world moder tier which is world coins valued at $2000 or less minted after 1970 for $16.50 each minimum of 5 coins plus shipping and $8.00 handleing fee (per order not each coin) . If you are sending older pandas you may want to look into NCS conservation and NGC grading which they offer at as a package for $26.50 for coins under $300 plus the other fees. Oh and you do have to become a member and there is a discount if you go with a higher membership level so it just depends on how many you want to send, I also think dealers that send 1000s of coins at a time get an even bigger discount. I hope this helps and Good luck.

3. Justfishin

Justfishin New Member

If you buy the premiuim membership($125)--you get a coupon for 5 free graded---not conserved though.