Corporate trustee company name

Discussion in 'Superannuation' started by Ouch, Mar 8, 2011.

1. Ouch

Ouch Active Member

This question is for those who opted for corporate trustee in their SMSF. You don't have to say what your trustee company name is but I'm interested in knowing how or the process in which you arrived in naming the company. Any hints to make the process easier?

2. Guest

Guest Guest

Any name mate that grabs your fancy.For one of our funds we used an existing company name.
    Your accountant will take care of all the details or alternatively visit CLEARDOCS website
    REDBACK

3. Austacker

Austacker Active Member

Yep you can call it "Ouch's Super stack" :)

4. jorgon

jorgon New Member

Hi Ouch

I generally advise as follows:-

"The best type of name is one which is similar to the name of the SMSF but which is sufficiently different to make it makes it obvious that it is a different body. And it is helpful to make it obvious in the name that this is a corporate trustee. Such a name is best because it reduces the chance of a mix up between the name of the fund and its corporate trustee. I would suggest for example if your fund is JS Corinda Super Fund then the corporate trustee could be called "Trustee for JS Corinda Super Fund Pty Ltd" or JS Corinda Super Fund (Trustee) Pty Ltd, rather than simply JS Corinda Super Fund Pty Ltd.
    "You can check for availability of the name by searching the Australian Securities and Investment Commission website at www.search.asic.gov.au."

5. Elemental

Elemental Active Member Silver Stacker

Took a combo of my name my wife's name and my son's name. Most of the obviously good names are taken - Awesome Pty Ltd for example is taken.

Also, a short name is pretty good - it's got to go on all the documents related to the fund and it can just be easier if it's shorter.

6. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

+1 to the short names. We chose to name our superfund after a greek/roman goddess - there's not enough boxes on most account forms to fit the name in :lol: