Copper coins?

Discussion in 'General Precious Metals Discussion' started by 1Tim58, May 2, 2023.

1. 1Tim58

1Tim58 Active Member Silver Stacker

Do people buy 1oz copper coins and how much do they cost? I personally don't see the point but there is certainly a novelty to it. Might be good for the kids to get into? Anyone here stacking/collecting them?

Last edited: May 2, 2023
  2. 1Tim58

1Tim58 Active Member Silver Stacker

They look nice man. Shame it's not viable. :(

Real $ and ozcopper like this.
  3. leo25

leo25 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Real $ likes this.
  4. whay

whay Well-Known Member

Last edited: May 2, 2023
    Real $ likes this.
  5. Jislizard

Jislizard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

They are stacked, but mostly for the novelty rather than investment. They go down well at the coin club because they are large, crown sized rounds with big easy to see designs. The most popular ones are the "Bitcoins". They usually sell for around $5 with no issues but people only really want one, they don't want a whole tube. They will buy a few if they all have different designs on them.

I bought a few that were part of a monetary program from a US group who were trying to introduce a Gold: Silver: Copper currency standard, American Open Currency Standard (AOCS). It has yet to take off but when it does...

I still have my copper bar and round and a tube of the AOCS along with some copper Liberty Dollars "Ron Paul for President 2008". They have more historical interest than investment purposes.

Copper tones really quickly, takes fingerprints easily and leaves your hands smelling if you handle them too much, I prefer silver if I am going to fiddle a round.

ozcopper likes this.