Convince us stackers why you reckon such n such is full proof

Discussion in 'Currencies' started by Water&Food, May 24, 2012.

1. Water&Food

Water&Food New Member

I have racked my head around all currencies and types of monetary units, yet for the life of me failed to come up with any suggestion that can NOT be 'inflated'. It does seem the only way is the good ol fashion BARTER (i.e. trading goods for goods).
    Now, this of course can be unpractical, especially if travelling to another nation to exploit the shyt out of villages and poor people.
    So, I ask of you to at least suggest and explain why in favour your suggested 'monetary unit' of exchange is both practical and safe from inflation.

Please be willing to hear arguments against.

This is a DEBATE THREAD amongst members.

Civil please

2. Loxmyf

Loxmyf Member

Well generally, the full proof coins are the ones that come in a box with a COA.

The grammar nazi in me thinks you mean "fool-proof"

3. Water&Food

Water&Food New Member

i love it :lol:

4. jpanggy

jpanggy Active Member

The only way to prevent inflation is to have no growth.

Let us pretend that the world population now freezes (numerically and porportionally) where it is for eternity. Eventually everything will deflate rather than inflate.

Because we will manufacture more efficiently and cheaper, we will use less materials, recycle more materials, invent more renewable materials etc. Life quality will continue improving, actually it is still improving (easier access to food, transport and longer life span).

However, since world population always grows, then it is impossible to not have inflation, because the earth is sort of a closed system with finite resources. Only way to keep growing cheaply is space mining.