Confiscation

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Yippe-Ki-Ya, Mar 17, 2011.

1. pete

pete New Member

Ill up the Ante silverfunk- 10 oz bar and a 2 oz kook (privy) to spend the night having a stimulating conversation about precious metals... And i mean it.

2. THUCYDIDES79

THUCYDIDES79 New Member Silver Stacker

Hey Guys, i asked first !?

:)

there is something about her :lol:

3. PrettyPrettyShinyShiny

PrettyPrettyShinyShiny Well-Known Member

If the SHTF and they go banging on doors, I'm grabbing my stash and running for the hills. They can have the possessions in the house. If they go chasing it, then it means that it is the ULTIMATE source of wealth & the price will go NUTS!!! Even bigger reason to hold onto it. Screw those bastards.
    ...I think I'll bury a strongbox somewhere in a national park and carry a GPS with me :)

..I love the size of australia!

4. DSK

DSK Active Member Silver Stacker

what do you usually pay?

5. pete

pete New Member

Yep... a good looker and brains. Nice voice too!

6. perthsilver

perthsilver Member Silver Stacker

I'd just like to mention that in the US it was not a confiscation, it was a federalisation.

There is a huge difference.

With confiscation, they take the gold off you, but with federalisation they compulsorily buy it off you.

They will pay you less than current spot but you will be compensated.

This topic comes up every few months.

Im confident it wont happen because I agree with goldpelican in that they will nationalise the mines first.

Cheers

7. PrettyPrettyShinyShiny

Mmmm I concur... BUT IF it ever happens. I'm hiding it. Period. They can throw me in gaol first.. but they ain't getting the metal. That metal = my labours. Worst case scenario is I die in goal a rich man. My family will inherit the stack and once it gets back to gold and silver being used as currency, they will be set!

Federalisation = I don't want your fiat bulls#$t play money
    Confiscation = How dare you steal from me?

Anyway.. my anger towards the system is getting the better of me. I need to have a coffee and relaaaaax now :)

Anyone got a copy of 'The Inbetweeners' by any chance? If it's a decent copy, I'm willing to pay :D

8. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

Indeed - which is one of the many reasons that governments all over the world have taken away the role of gold and silver as money, even though the constitutions of the USA and Australia clearly state that only gold and silver may be used as legal tender.
    Governments have ignored the constitution and have therefore clearly sided with the banksters against the people they supposedly represent,..

Australia is not different.

9. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

I dont really see how nationalising the mines would be mutually exclusive to stealing peoples' bullion off them?
    firstly, taking the mines is one thing, but they still have to pay lots of money to mine and extract the gold.
    Stealing peoples bullion is much much easier...
    i dont see the two as linked at all.

10. pmfiend

pmfiend New Member

Threaten the people with a great depression unless they hand in all gold immediately. Tell them gold mine production will take too long, we need physical gold now. All of it. Dob in the hoarders, they are risking Australia's economy and your job - omgz think of the children.

11. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Is the $200 gold coin legal tender same as the $10 State coins?

12. Dwayne

Dwayne New Member

13. PrettyPrettyShinyShiny

Seriously.. what Australian has ever thought about 'the greater good'. There were SO many looters during the qld floods for ef's sake. Guilt doesn't work on many people like that..especially when you have been the smart one waiting for this sh!t to happen to PROTECT yourself.

I'm still gonna hide it. The dobbers won't know where it's buried. Screw 'em. My silver! (or gold) So ner. lol.

Seriously, they can say what they want. People will still be fine. They'll work out a way around it. We managed before computers and iphones--if they want to bring up the industrial uses for pm's. and if its about currency.. they can just come up with an 'Auro' instead of the 'dollar'. No chance my metal will touch their hands.

14. Luna de Cuba

Luna de Cuba New Member

Errr, no. s115 merely preserves to the Commonwealth the right to coin money and determine what is legal tender. (The bit about 'gold and silver' is just an anachronism.) Nothing to do with the acquisition power. Even were your interpretation correct, not all precious metal is held as legal tender, eh?!

15. Luna de Cuba

Luna de Cuba New Member

Que?!

16. pmfiend

pmfiend New Member

I'm saying even with the gold mine advantage, aussie govt could go after individual metal investors if that was their agenda. Of course no stacker in his right mind will surrender their metal. But the propaganda won't be about instilling guilt into the stackers. It will be to instill fear into the sheep (i.e. the goldless majority), and get them to agree to the confiscation, and to get them to dob you in. We already need to keep things quiet for own security, imagine how hard things would get during confiscation.

17. Mud Gecko

Mud Gecko Active Member Silver Stacker

If this confiscation scenario where to happen in Aus, I dont think it would be too hard to round up our small community of stackers here. It has been stated earlier that the government would just convince the sheeple that gold/silver stackers are supporting terrorism or some such bullshit. Look at what they achieved with the gun laws, now virtually only criminals have guns (with the exception of a few).

Not saying that stackers here would willingly give up their hoard but it would easy for the government to make life very difficult for our friends here on SS. Just turn us all into criminals and most would be afraid of losing everything just to have ownership of PM's....

edit for spelling

18. flogbox

flogbox New Member

Oops.

No i'm in Oz. Not sure why i put Germany lol.

19. PerthStack

PerthStack Member

A large number of people are already in this situation thanks to the war on drugs. Painted as criminals, even though most illicit drug consumers have no victims, even the violent side of the drug trade pales in comparison to the oil trade.

20. Big A.D.

Big A.D. Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Australia dug about 8,500,000 oz of gold out of the ground last year (worth about $12 billion).

From a purely practical point of view, would it be easier to confiscate all that gold as soon as it comes out of the mines, or would it be easier to shake down individuals one at a time?

From a political point of view, would it be more agreeable to "temporarily" nationalise a few gold mines out in the middle of nowhere, or would it be more agreeable to nick your granddad's sovereign collection? Bearing in mind, of course, that if things are bad enough for the government to need other people's gold, they'll have also implemented restrictions on trade, usage and consumption of food, water, medication, energy and possibly travel as well.

Why go to all the trouble of pissing off ordinary people when you can just take the mine output?