Coloured Lunar mintages (Perth Mint)

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by 11471147, Dec 15, 2018.

1. 11471147

11471147 Active Member

I'm going through the mintage docs for Perth Mint Lunar series 2, looking at the coloured 1oz coins specifically...
    The early coins seem to have very high mintages, up to 140,000.
    But the later coins are under 10,000...

Is it because the early coins are coloured bullion, and the later coins are coloured proofs?

Or are there coloured bullion AND coloured proofs?
    Or, more confusingly... would it be that the Perth Mint produced an incomplete set of colored lunar bullion, and then an incomplete set of coloured lunar proofs (like the high relief lunars)?

I can't seem to find both, so I'm guessing it's the first option...

Anyone happen to know the answer?
    It would be great to see the mintage numbers for both the coloured bullion and coloured proofs.

2. Soprano16

Soprano16 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

There are both, coloured bullion and coloured proof

1oz Coloured Bullion Lunar's have been made for every year, from 2008 mouse to 2019 Pig. The max mintage for each is 170,000 however that has never been hit

1oz Coloured PROOF coins are the same as the high relief proofs you asked about in the other thread, in that they also only started from 2012 meaning a full set cannot be completed

You can complete the full set of coloured bullion, but not the coloured proofs

As for seeing all the mintage numbers, they are here: https://www.perthmint.com/numismatic-mintages.aspx

3. 11471147

11471147 Active Member

You're a perth Mint encyclopedia
    Much appreciated as always.
    Disappointed that the colored proofs aren't complete though. But at least i know now.
    Thanks again Soprano