COIN STORAGE SUGGESTIONS?

Discussion in 'Numismatics' started by MattH, Dec 6, 2017.

1. MattH

MattH Member

Right now I have my oldest/most valuable pennies in Coin snaps. But as far as every other coin I own, I have them in zip-lock plastic bags. I'm aware that it is bad to keep them in there and I need suggestions on what to keep them in on a budget!

Taking all suggestions!

Thank you.

2. bubblebobble2

bubblebobble2 Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

Hi and welcome to forum... I'm not sure about your quantty and grade of those coins...but for me I'm using those tubes for easy storage and count.

3. Ag-man

Ag-man Active Member Silver Stacker

Where ever you store them, add some slica desiccant satchels to keep the moisture away.

4. Jislizard

Jislizard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I bought cheap pages and was surprised to find out you can still buy PVC pages in Australia despite the issues being known about for decades. Ruined most of my coins.

If you want to be able to sort through them or see them then you are going to have to pay $$$ for pages that are good quality.

If you just want to be able to stack them and keep them relatively safe I would use something along the lines of sistema boxes.

[​IMG]

This size fits 2"x2" cardboard flips perfectly. https://sistemaplastics.com/products/klip-it-rectangular/400ml-rectangle

Every container that leaves the factory is made using virgin material that is both BPA and Phthalate free.

They are food safe.

They have a seal and clips which work pretty well.

They are rigid, you can stack them very high even full of metal coins and they don't buckle or distort.

You can kind of see the contents.

They come up for half price pretty often at Woolworths and I get through quite a lot of them.

I should probably put acid free cardboard spacers between the coins but I just don't pack them very tightly.

You can also add the silica gel packs.

I know they are sold overseas and they have a range of sizes which are fantastic for many different collectible items and they all stack very well and a lot of the lids are interchangeable.

zedstrange likes this.