Coin Software Programme

Discussion in 'General Precious Metals Discussion' started by sammysilver, Apr 15, 2011.

1. sammysilver

sammysilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Hi guys,

I've been stacking for 6 months now and have a wide array of 1oz silver coin types over a number years.

I have kept track of these on Excel but am now finding it cumbersome as I have now been selling and swapping coins.

Is there any software out there that is good for this type of tracking, plus allows you to put in the current spot price for instant valuation?

Cheers,

Sam.

2. fishball

fishball New Member Silver Stacker

None that i know of :(

I too use excel, I use a few functions to get valuation w/ current spot and so on but I only have a few rows =P

I wonder how the dealers store their information since they'd have to for tax purposes.

3. silverstash

silverstash Member

Hi Sam

A Silver Stacker created a program a while ago which allowed you to keep track of your purchases and see the current spot price of your stack as well:

http://forums.silverstackers.com/topic-4969-free-stack-calculator-page-1.html

I haven't been able to use it though, as i'm a mac user:( (Although I think they are working on a mac version)

I hope this is of use to you.

Cheers,

4. sammysilver

sammysilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Thanks for the heads up.

Now head down and bum up as I work it out!

5. Skyblues

Skyblues Member

mate, if you are into excel, you wont find anything better than that, it is worth tweaking it according to your needs, just track what you do, then it is only about creating it, believe me it is very fulfilling...

I am tracking everything in excel, I pull the online data from

http://www.perthmint.com.au/metalPrices.aspx

I see the net worth of my stack easily at spot price by only using simple formulas...If you wanted to you can pull the tables from http://www.perthmintbullion.com/au/View-All-Bullion.aspx and any other Mint to run further calculations...I am fine with only seeing the net worth of my stack at spot price even though I have more coins than bars...

Anyhow, if you are into excel, you wont find anything better than that to keep track of your stack, worth investing some more time...