Coin shopping - 2019 Kangaroo - not impressed

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by Grizzly, Jan 12, 2019.

1. Grizzly

Grizzly Active Member

I went coin shopping in Brisbane recently and I am seriously unimpressed with the 2019 kangaroo. The design is not great and it is really hard to read. Holding it in my hand it does nothing for me. Unlike the maples that I cannot seem to put down :)

I took a picture of it to post here, and it seems to photograph better than it is to look at. Very strange. I won't be buying anymore of these coins.

[​IMG]

2. whay

whay Well-Known Member

Both kanga and maples are shitty coins! Don't support poor production standard.

3. Grizzly

Grizzly Active Member

The more I read about the kangaroos the less I like them. Apparently I like pretty coins. :) I bought some 2011 maples and there is no milk spotting on them at all. They are in great condition. The kooks are all sitting here looking pretty in their plastic cases, but I keep picking up and playing with the maples.

paruwka likes this.
  4. Silverling

Silverling Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I agree with you Grizzly. For a standard bullion coin it is very ordinary and ugly. When you compare it with say an Armenian Noah, Philharmoniker, American Silver Eagle or Maple ours is the worst. So very unappealing and they milk spot big time. Quite honestly, I think the Perth Mint should redesign into something nicer with a nice finish otherwise people will just stop buying them.

5. DavidRich

DavidRich Member

yea, kangaroos are not the best, but I adore Lunars II