Circulated Mexican Libertads

Discussion in 'Silver' started by silverandcold, Apr 25, 2013.

1. silverandcold

silverandcold New Member

Does anyone know where I might purchase circulated Mexican libertads? I'm looking for the ones that are not proofs. Ones that have been dealt with. Thank you.

2. Jislizard

Jislizard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

The ones on eBay are usually pretty expensive. I have been looking around but not found any. That is in Australia though, you should have more luck as you are closer, must be some coin shops in Mexico.

3. silver addict

silver addict Active Member Silver Stacker

bullion bourse have 1979+ 1980 mexican 1 oz onzas

4. libertadiac

libertadiac Member Silver Stacker

Usually they are readily available at Apmex and Kitco, but currently out of stock like most things. Bullion bourse had them until monday. Should be common in US during normal buying conditions

5. Altima

Altima Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Try aurinum. They have the 2013s but they come at a slight premium.

6. Fat Freddy

Fat Freddy New Member

That's a tough one right now. I would avoid eBay like the plague (nasty high prices and overflowing with counterfeits) and all the major online dealers are presently all riding high on homicidal premiums--on out-of-stock stuff with no estimated delivery date in sight. Might be a good time to bide your time and just save up the $$ that's burning that hole in your pocket until after the present insane market conditions calm back down.

I bought some ASE's in mid-March (only 5 weeks ago but in the present PM market it seems like 20 years), paid a $2.59 premium and got prompt delivery. Right now, (for those who'll tolerate it) ASE premiums run from $5 to over $10 and delivery time frames are estimated around 1 or 2 months--with no guarantees of that. Also bought some secondary market Libertads (25+ years old but still in the unopened original mint tubes) just before the big spot smack-down and paid a $1.50 premium for them. Today the premium for the same Libs is 5x what I paid, the product is unavailable and there's no estimate on availability date.

I'm not so panicked that I need to accept this crap. I can wait.

7. 757guy

757guy New Member

moderncoinmart ?

8. JoeFromNorthCarolina

JoeFromNorthCarolina New Member

If you love rounds, In my opinion, Quality silver bullion is tops. Jim is one fine gentleman to deal with. If you find the discount code for the month, You will have free shipping if you spend $500.00 or more on the silver bullion rounds, (excluding coin supplies and misc.) Very trustworthy company imo.

9. Fat Freddy

Fat Freddy New Member

I checked out MCM and QSB. MCM has some of the highest premiums you can find today. They make even APMEX look great. QSB had good premiums and great prices but they're out of stock on almost everything.