circulated 2014 mob roo

Discussion in 'Numismatics' started by round50, Jan 22, 2015.

1. round50

round50 Member

What's your opinion on the circulated variety. How will it affect the rolls. Doesn't seem so exclusive anymore. I was going to buy two rolls but have found 5 coins so far so the urgency to buy is no longer there.

2. Jislizard

Jislizard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

The sealed rolls will always have a bit more of a premium than a loose circulated coin.

I will be putting all of the ones I find to one side.

If at the end of the year I have hundreds and so does everyone else I will just spend them. If I only have a couple then I will keep them.

They may be common in your area if that is where they were all delivered but they may be rare everywhere else in the country.

Maybe you are lucky to be living in the right spot.

3. 1for1

1for1 Well-Known Member

I have only got one.. and i do the occasional bank mission getting $100 bucks worth to sift through.. not at all common in Sydney CBD the 100 anzac seems 5x easier from what i have personally found in change and random $1 bags

4. Andy28

Andy28 Well-Known Member

23x easier if the previously mentioned figures are accurate!

5. 1for1

1for1 Well-Known Member

yeah when i say 5 .. its just my personal ratio.. i have no doubt the 2014 MOR is likely 23x as stated..

Me personally i have sold all my 100YR ANZACS, so in terms of an investment.. id say the both go ok (on ebay) .. seems to be an over-supply of 2014 MOR's on ebay from what i have seen so expect prices to slowly fall until supply eases off (trouble is demand may go the same way as its no longer the flavour of the month) .. its all about 2015 now

6. Andy28

Andy28 Well-Known Member

yeah I have wondered whether its best to instantly flip current release finds before the fad dies off, or if its worth keeping for the medium/long term. Coronations were going for $8+ each for nice looking ones plucked out of circulation, now it is less than $5 i think.

7. silver kook

silver kook Active Member

Found 3 in change (2014 mob) but I work in retail and see a lot of change. Only appeared in the last week.

8. Theox

Theox Active Member

1,000,000 mintage minus 100,000 (5000 RAM rolls) leaves 900,000 - 2014 Mor's for me to find in circulation. Sounds like a lot but watch them disappear very quickly. I bet you wont see many in 3-6 months, especial if any / many come down my way.