Cimate bill and land ownership

Discussion in 'Markets & Economies' started by RomanControl, Nov 8, 2011.

1. RomanControl

RomanControl New Member

Reading the climate bill, It seems to be saying that this new Authority has unlimited rights over all private landholdings.

Including the Orwellian concept of ensuring the "productivity"of private land.

Authority will include i assume enforcement officers, and the right to waltz onto your private property any old time they please.

And following some vague concept they call "foreign policy"

I don't think farms are a good investment as all these helpful online investment gurus suggest. At least not in Australia.

I'd be interested if any lawyers on this forum have read it and can verify what seems to me,to be what will occur.

http://www.climatechange.gov.au/en/government/legislation.aspx

2. Dwayne

Dwayne New Member

Link seems to be broken.

3. Mr Medved

Mr Medved Member

IANAL but Fee Simple is the law of the land, and anything that encroaches on your title is repugnant. Good luck getting a decent run in the courts though.

This bill is consistent with the Fabian doctrine within the Labor Party and commie values in the Greens... abolition of property rights. It's no conspiracy theory.

4. RomanControl

RomanControl New Member

The link was working this morning, I tested it.
    Sorry, I can't find the actual Bill now, just the associated propaganda

5. Guest

Guest Guest

You know this give rise to the ideal of the 'sovereign man' who actually has no place to call home but is a constant world traveller. I mean, if finances allow and you don't have a family in tow, it doesn't seem like a ridiculous notion when you think about it. I can certainly see how this sort of lifestyle would be appealing.

That all said, I do wonder what would happen when the big bad gubmint starts moving in to take over your land for their own ends.

Little by little the mongrels will seize the lot. Even those who thought they would be above the enslavement will find out in the end they were simply one step away from the bottom only.

There's an analogy you can employ to discuss a certain minority group that were indoctrinated by their 'superiors' to assist in managing their kin, but to do so would invoke Godwin's law and we don't want to go down that path. But you can see where I'm getting at.

But that's the direction we really are headed in... dark days ahead methinks. Very dark days...

6. Lav

Lav New Member

That first paragraph is exactly what I will do I just need some years to save up the funds :D