Chinese Electronic coin trading platform

Discussion in 'Modern Chinese Coins & Medallions' started by Justfishin, May 21, 2015.

1. Justfishin

Justfishin New Member

Have heard lots about this lately, but cant find much info on it--anyone?

2. House

House Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

The Shanghai Stamp, Coin and Card Exchange Company (SHSCCE)? Started Sept 2014

3. Beyond

Beyond Well-Known Member

they are all chinesegot a lots in different cities in china

such as guangzhou shanghai nanjing beijing

all in chineseand u must open a china bank acc
    and at least 200000dollars cashif not u cant play longer and earn more.

Produce a millionaire every minute.
    but also high risksuddenly lost million dollars
    if u r interesting let me knowi can help u open a acc
    but u cant read chinese so i think u cant play by yourself
    must someone helps u to translate

4. Gatito Bandito

Gatito Bandito Active Member

But I think certain trading portions of it didn't start until recently..

5. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

That leaves me out on all accounts.

There is almost always a high risk with schemes that can result in high reward. Seems to be the nature of the game.

6. andrewlee10

andrewlee10 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Please if u are not rich better not touch. High gain high risks. This is more dangerous than share market

7. Beyond

Beyond Well-Known Member

richman game only

8. barsenault

barsenault Well-Known Member

More Intel from a Chinese guru, from the CMF

The Exchanges have distorted the MCC and banknote market significantly during last few months. Basically, majority members of Exchanges are investors/speculators and they try to make quick money in a very short period of time. Apparently, many investors/speculators of Chinese stock market, which has been up more than 100% since mid-2014, have moved their money into these Exchanges. Because of excessive speculation, IMO, this is not health for MCC and banknote market in the next few years, if the Exchanges can not stop the excessive speculation and trading based on inside information. Most exchange funds traded items are high mintage and recently issued highly liquidity coins, especially silver lunar and circulated Cu-Ni coins. For examples, price of proof lunar Cu-Ni (5 coins) and proof world heritage Cu-Ni (5 sets, 10 coins), which have a mintage of 20,000, were up more than 100% during last 6 weeks and 2003 BU lunar Cu-Ni coin, which has a mintage of 10 MM was up 400% since IPO four months ago. Usually, price moved up prior to IPO. Therefore, whoever has the inside information can really make a significant amount of money in a day. Just two days ago, when newspaper reported that 2014 1 oz. silver panda would be IPO soon, the price of this 1oz. silver panda was double the next day. Same is true for 1997 1oz. BU silver unicorn, the price was less than $100 prior to the news and current price is more than $250 (RMB1600 as yesterday inside China and was RMB2000 two days ago) which is about the same valuation of 1997 proof 1 oz. silver unicorn.

There is no logic or rationale in listing coins or banknotes at Exchanges, except the listed item has to be reasonable liquidity and enough quantity readily available in dealer's inventory to deposit to the Exchanges. In other words, dealer can work with investor/speculator to move those slow moving items by listing at Exchanges, and make a significant amount of money in a short period of time.

IMO, this type of speculation can not be last too long. It may take months or years, but eventually, market force will be prevailed.

Nanjing Exchange is the largest and oldest exchange. The capital requirement for listing an exchange fund at Nanjing is RMB 2,000,000 (US$325,000). For example, in order to list 2014 1 oz. silver panda, assuming the market value for this coin is RMB140 at the time of application for listing, the fund has to accumulate about 15,000 coins to deposit to the Exchange. Since the mintage of this coin is very large, the expectation of large price fluctuation shall not be great. Nevertheless, the outcome in the market place is quite difference. The price moved up to RNB290 next day as soon as the Exchange announce the plan to list this fund on 5/18. The price on 5/20 had a range of RMB 230-260 and has dropped back to RMB 160 recently, but it is still about 15% higher than prior to the announcement. At the same time, 2013 and 2015 silver panda also moved up about 10% to anticipate the potential of listing these two coins by the speculators.

2014 1 oz. silver panda will be listed at NanFun Exchange which has 22 stamp funds listed, and no coin fund yet.

Here is the website for all listed exchange funds at Nanjing Exchange. Nanjing has 127 funds being traded currently.

http://www.njwjsqbyp.com/list.asp?id=2

The followings are the MCC currently listed at Nanjing Exchange.

2012 fan-shaped dragon 1 oz. 10 yuan silver coin
    2013 fan-shaped snake 1 oz. 10 yuan silver coin
    2012 fan-shaped dragon 1 oz. 10 yuan silver coin
    2012 fan-shaped dragon 1/3 oz. 150 yuan gold coin
    2001 colored snake 1oz. 10 yuan silver coin
    2009 colored ox 1oz. 10 yuan silver coin
    2009 nature round ox 1 oz. 10 yuan silver coin
    2003 colored goat 1 oz. 10 yuan silver coin
    2003 fan-shaped goat 1 oz. 10 yuan silver coin
    2013 fan-shaped snake 150 yuan 1/3 oz. gold coin
    1981 great wall 1 yuan circulated BU Cu-Ni coin
    1997 auspicious matters 10 yuan 2 oz. piedfort silver coin
    2009 successful inauguration of ChiNEX 10 yuan 1 oz. silver coin
    2010 20th Anniversary of China's capital market 10 yuan 1 oz. silver coin
    2007 year of pig 1 yuan CU-Ni BU circulated coin.
    2010 year of tiger 1 Yuan Cu-Ni BU circulated coin
    1999 colored panda 10 yuan, 1 oz. silver coin
    2009 nature round ox 50 yuan 1/10 oz. gold coin
    2004 year of monkey 1 yuan Cu-Ni BU circulated coin
    2010 colored tiger 10 yuan, 1 oz. silver coin
    2006 year of dog 1 yuan Cu-Ni proof circulated coin
    2009 year of ox 1 yuan Cu-Ni BU circulated coin
    2011 Tsinghua University centenary oz. 100 yuan gold coin
    2011 Tsinghua University centenary 1 oz. 10 yuan silver coin
    2010 Shanghai Expo. 1 yuan Cu-Ni BU circulated coin
    2004 Pilgrimage to the west (2nd series) oz. 200 yuan gold coin
    2005 Pilgrimage to the west (3rd series) oz. 200 yuan gold coin

9. Gatito Bandito

I'm going to the moon, baby!
    \
    [​IMG]

10. -j-p-shmorgan

-j-p-shmorgan New Member

Call me crazy....but I would rather own $200,000 in physical silver. :)
    Seems like a better option than gifting China $200k.

11. mmissinglink

I suppose the people who are trading on that exchange don't see things like most of us forum members here. They are probably quite wealthy and for them, losing tens of thousands of dollars is all in a day's fun and games...they see that risk as a mere annoyance to their goal of much bigger reward, I suppose.

Naturally, that exchange has no listings for the types of scarce medals that we have been discussing in these threads and so it seems there's no chance that our medals will fall victim to the future warning in that synopsis.

Xi-Shi Holding a Pearl silver medal max mintage = only 50. That's down right rare in my view.

12. Gatito Bandito

While our typical types of medals might not necessarily be listed (yet?), I fear some spill-over due to association.

A rising tide lifting all boats, if you will.

Of course, we all know what happens when a tsunami hits shore..

13. andrewlee10

the medal listing only start in May 2015.

14. mmissinglink

It will be interesting to see which medals are traded....like what medal mintage is acceptable for that platform...higher than 5,000 or 10,000?

15. andrewlee10

Shanghai mints did restrike the signature tiger at much higher mintage. This is one of the item in listing.

16. mmissinglink

You are meaning a clad (Tiger) coin, not a medal, yes?

17. barsenault

regarding the exchange. I wouldn't want to be on the other side of this trade when things go terribly wrong, and it is a when, not if!! Be careful out there!!

from Frank:
    Just want to share a real life story, so that we will all understand how these exchanges are operated.

A friend of mine wanted to have an item listed on one of the exchanges. When he applied, he was told that apart from the required number of items, he had to have 5 million Yuan ready as "protection fund", to be used if the price plunged. In addition, he was REQUIRED to open several fake accounts, the purpose of which is obvious. So when we see the price going through the roof, it is possible that the right hand of the same guy is playing the left hand.

18. mmissinglink

Good info Barsenault but I'm sure that in every paper platform where there is big money involved, there is very unethical behavior taking place all the time. It's my belief that it is human nature to get over on everyone else....regardless of the consequence to them.

The only reason why most people I know are not like that is because they have overcome that nature....they have decided that morally responsible behavior is the better choice than the default human nature that is in all of us.

Anyway, I suppose this is a whole other discussion......the discussion of what is human nature really like before the deep consideration of others' feelings. before the guilt, before the introspection, before the realization that to give and share the wealth we have is self-rewarding, etc, etc, etc.

19. barsenault

One of the crazy things I've heard lately is that the 2013 Pandas in China are selling for close to 60.00 U.S. I was watching APMEX's supply last night. They had 39 in stock, and I get up this morning, thinking, I'll buy a few. BAM! All supply gone. Someone must have known what my Chinese contact from China told me...coins are hot right now. 60 u.s. in china vs 34 u.s in USA, nah, move along, no bubblacioius happening.

One of two things is wrong with this picture. It is overheating in China, or the U.S. has some catching up to do with prices. I'm hearing that ALL China Panda coins are going crazy in china. One dealer took all his coin supply off his website. That's how crazy it is there right now. If you can buy the 2015's for 23.00 and sell to China for a lot higher prices...some good arbitrage going on right now. wowza. My humble opinion? Not that anyone cares. LOL. But this has 'ending in tears' written all over it. Heck, this one dealer is 'shelving' medals right now, in light of coins. no joke. crazy.

p.s. I did pick up 11 - 2013 Pandas up just a few minutes ago. just for kicks and giggles.

20. Gatito Bandito

Have actually been wondering about that lately, re: the price & supply of Panda's at some of the larger US dealers these days.

Just been too busy / lazy to check it out, heh.

Of course, there's also yet another downside to all this..

"Bring out yer fakes! *CLANG!* Bring out yer fakes! *CLANG!*"

:(