"Cheap" The Wolverine Gulo Gulo Mongolia COTY 2007 Silve Coin

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by silverfever, Feb 27, 2012.

1. silverfever

silverfever New Member

2. Chilli

Chilli Member Silver Stacker

3. silverfever

silverfever New Member

Thanks for the heads up.

4. Acme

Acme New Member

Thanx, I was thinking about buying something from them.

5. camylopez

camylopez Member Silver Stacker

have you ordered from them before?
    Because the above link is quite misleading. Provides a search in google looking for them as a scam, and each one links back to one of 7 complaints.
    7 complaints is pretty good for a company trading internationally, and who lets you pay by visa, which means no risk to the buyer.
    Also some those complaints have been resolved satisfactorily. Seems the main issue is lack of communication and no coins turning up. I would personally blame the european post, as I have sent a few packages over there which all seem to have disappeared for a month or two, but they do end up getting to destination. France seems to be worst for me.

note, I am not promoting them, never heard of them before, just this link seems to be a one sided argument against them.

and according to this thread, it seems wrcmad has bought from them, so better to pm him to see what the service was like.

http://forums.silverstackers.com/message-304146.html

6. wrcmad

wrcmad Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Yeah, I thought the same as camylopez when I followed the above link - a few of the same complaints repeated is not really representative of their buyers. Seems people only feedback when experience has been bad?

I can tell you I have had no problems at all with them. :)

7. Acme

Acme New Member

I think, you can still get this one for about 1350 USD

8. Chilli

They have a gulo gulo advertised on their website for 799euro, no buy option, only contact for info.
    I sent 1 email, they replied price is 900euro, I sent 3 more emails asking for their credit card payment details.....(no replies, I gave up)......... today (9 days later) I finally receive a reply, asking for my adress before they will send me wire info so I can transfer money into their account (no credit card option) Their website still reads 799 euro.

sounds dogdgy to me :/

9. picturefun

picturefun Member

Then you are lucky. I am from the U.S., and got scammed by them for almost $480. Luckily, I used credit card, after almost 3 months of fighting, my credit card company finally did a charge back. Quite a few US customers bought from them, using bank transfer, could NOT even get back 1 penny!

Just look at the price of their coins, 95% are the original price as that when silver was $16 an oz. Does it make sense?? Absolutely NOT.

When it is too good to be true, it is UNTRUE. I bought from them due to the low price, but almost ended up paying a very heavy price. Lessons learned.

10. Chilli

Thanks and I agree with you.
    Lucky you got your money back !

11. picturefun

picturefun Member

My advise is: First, NOT to order from them. Second, if you have to order, use a credit card, so you can charge back when they do not send you the coin. If you wire them the money from your checking account, you will lost every penny in case they do not send you the coin.

By the way, they do NOT process credit card payment themselves. They are using a French bank for credit card payment. So it takes a long time for charge back, and that is if your lucky, and if your credit card company is nice enough. This is fishy too, why they do not use a local Netherlands bank, but has to use a foreign French bank?

They usually run their scam for large orders. They will tell you that in order to save on shipping, they have to send the coins in TWO separate shipments. But in fact, they only send ONE small shipment. And they will keep telling you the second parcel is coming. but you will never see it, because they are not going to mail it.

Plus, they will never answer the phone, and they only reply the email after you repeatedly sending them several times. They have the worst customer service on this planet.

12. picturefun

picturefun Member

Thank you. I was really lucky. But it took 3 months and a lot of paper work. It was an awful experience :(.

13. Acme

Acme New Member

14. wrcmad

These are very big accusations to make! :| Very general terms too.

I am surprised the moderator has not stepped in with the big stick. I have been beaten over the head on other threads for less than this.

I can tell you about my experience with numiscollect.

11th Feb, Ordered the Ural Owl for EU 199. Payed by credit card online no problems.

One week later, received payment confirmation email, indicating numiscollect had received payment from third party payment processor, and that my coin would be dispatched within 48hrs.

2 weeks later, Ural Owl arrived, well packaged, in mint condition and exactly as described.

If these guys were ebay sellers, or on the SS trading threads, they would have received top feedback from me.

The only weird thing about this whole transaction is their strange fetish for postage stamps. (Attached photo is the back of their package.) :)

[​IMG]

15. Chilli

I understand what you are saying wrcmad, but how do you explain what has happened with my experience, they will only accept money transfer 900 euro ( they are asking for more than what their website price has the coin listed as (799euro).

It does not make sense to me . Something smells off !

p.s if you look at their website most coins have a "buy" option, you click, pay etc.etc.
    this coin reads, contact for details and then your given a higher price with no credit card option.. only direct funds transfer :(

at the price they are asking im surprised it hasnt been snapped up as yet.

16. wrcmad

Yeah, I don't think I'd feel comfortable using wire transfer in this case. That is the beauty of the plastic card - reassurance of charge back.

However, I have used direct deposit plenty of times for purchases on this forum to people who are, for all intents and purposes, total strangers, leaving me with no recourse if things go pear-shaped? But I seem to trust the forum members. It's funny how the mind works?

17. Chilli

I tend to trust the forum members also !

18. numiscollect

numiscollect New Member

Hi everyone,

could we make a reply? first of all our company is in bussines since 1999 and we served 50000 unique clients worldwide or even more.
    to take away rumors we like to explain some things. please understand we cannot go into discussions all the time as we have no time for it. just sent us an email at [email protected] if you have questions. for the rest; just try us out.

google search: it's correct as one above says you find maybe 7 claims all others are the same. this complaintsboard has some RSS feed which automatic re-posts on the internet. in europe this is forbidden but in the US probably not (yet). from the 7 we do not know who 3 are. could be even the board itself as the board asks us if we want to have the complaitns removed for about 7000 USD. that whole board is a big scam itself!
    we have even emails of competitors that they write stuff as complaints. just to annoy the competitor. we try to keep away from such practices.

creditcards:
    to the above client that we asked bankwire, we ask only bankwire if the client turns up negative (or for high value even neutral) in a credit / trustworthy check. we do not know why you turn up like that but that's the reason we asked for bankwire as otherwise the risk for us is to high. we can deny certain payment methods for certain clients upon check is the system(s).
    we accept creditcards. so the buyer has no risk this is 100% safe! the buyer has up to 180 days to charback money, half a year. not 55 or 60 days some write. that the seller always wins is also a rumor. we lost a recent chargeback where the buyer did get the coins (he confirmed us in email) and we lost!? please note that accepting creditcards is for us a bigger risk than a buyer has buying anywhere on the internet. someone said we get the money in france, not holland. Europeon union is basically one market we can bank anywhere we want - we not understand why that can be a complaint.
    for customers in the Netherlands, we sent items 14 on sight, and it's paid after they receive it. we cannot do that international (yet).

shipments and time.
    partial shipments yes. because of insurance on the parcels. we can put 250-300 euro in a parcel if sent by post. we are happy to ANYONE to sent by UPS koerier overnight if the fee is paid for it. people who say there is 1 tracking number have worng information. there are as many tracking numbers as parcels of course.
    as someone wrote, it can take weeks for a parcel to arrive and yes this is european post or in our case dutch post (france/italy/portugal are worse!). the dutch post customs sometimes takes in busy times alone 1-3 weeks to process (also incoming parces we get for example fromt he US mint, takes also sometimes 8 weeks to get it - it's two way). further the dutch post has own registered numbers like 3S+digits+more digits. they not have those RR......NL codes. those codes are put on the parcel when it leaves holland. the 3S codes are in most cases on trackable online and we made a rule that only after 3-4w eeks a parcel has not arrived we will check with the post to find out the RR code. this takes us time, the post time and neither has that time.
    post shipments are for 21 days (bussiness days) as per post. PLUS customs time. many people ask us to sent parcels as "gift" = no customs. we cannot do that! we declare all parcels for real value and contents........
    then, the contents, as it's declared as COINS anyone in the post system can see that, and unfortunately there are postmen who take the coins home. on average about 1 out of 50 parcels is really lost lost - meaning gone. in that case insurance will pay out and customer will be refunded or replacement shipment. please understand that in such cases we must wait insurance final decision and decision of post claim. we had in the past had many times clients say not received; we sent direct new and afterall they got the first to. so we lost. it's a matter of following procedure and all will be fine.

further we make sales as per consumer law, meaning 14 days return policy as per law (anyone offering less is not working by law), refund without question if returned. etc etc.

coins on the site as someone says are not virtual of course. but keep in mind we handle about 12000 active products on our site. and as each coin is limited edition it can very quickly happen something sells out before we know it.

just try us and you will be satisfied read our information which is sent automatic by email for shpments done etc etc. and follow the times given and you will be satisfied. don't ask after 3 days why its not arrived. it makes no sense. and if not happy; there are plenty other dealers around and it might be that in the end the coins comes from us anyway as we supply many dealers around the world in wholesale.

we hope with this email concerns and rumors are taken away.

with best regards,

H. Wiersma
    CEO NumisCollect

PS> we will not discuss single matters open on the internet. sent us an email and we reply. try avoiding sending mails from free email address like yahoo, msn, hotmail, gmail etc as they tend to sometimes be marked spam and we not get them (also the otherway if we sent to the customer). or if no reply try sent us an email from a different address; it solves the problem and make sure our domain is on your white list.

19. numiscollect

numiscollect New Member

oh, the stamps :)
    these are old dutch stamps (still valid) which can be used and costs 50% of real value. that is why we can sent cheap with post. and the stamps are put on stickers by some social workers organization. so that they earn a bit too. plus , customer many times collect stamps too and like to receive it.

this is very common in europe and especially holland.

20. wrcmad

Yep, I vouch for these guys.

3 out of 3 perfect transactions with Numiscollect. Very professional.

Oh, and yes, thanks for the stamps... my mate collects stamps and he appreciated the envelope pictured above. :)