Cashing In, Cans & Bottles

Discussion in 'Questions & Comments' started by GRETZKY427, Jul 26, 2015.

1. GRETZKY427

GRETZKY427 Active Member Silver Stacker

Does anyone think this will eventually be Australia wide with a 10c refund.

Coming from state that cashes cans and bottles and then stupid me not checking when moving thing ill be ok...having to now throw out near $200 worth of cans and bottles...OMFG...

SA and NT do the recycling of cans and bottles with a 10c refund and I have heard that VIC and NSW maybe soon ???

I know I can get cash back from the aluminum content with the cans but I would need a SHITE load to make it worth my while :-( UNLESS there are any freelander type recycling depos out there LOL ???

Cheers, HAPPY STACKING :)

2. Big A.D.

Big A.D. Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

3. Currawong

Currawong Member Silver Stacker

I'd be very surprised if a recycling program took off nationally. CCA, lion Nathan and other packaging/drink manufacturers have lobbied against it for years unfortunately.

4. Big A.D.

Big A.D. Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

NSW (Baird) has basically said "We're doing it" and Queensland and possibly Victoria are probably just going to go along for the ride.

From a public policy aspect, there's no good reason not to do it. SA's scheme has been operating for around thirty years and their recycling rate is almost double everyone else's.

5. Currawong

Currawong Member Silver Stacker

I completely agree but according to an article in The Age the current Victorian environment minister doesn't support a container deposit program. Apparently the beverage council thinks returned containers would hurt manufacturing jobs. Despite containers being recycled through kerbside programs for years with no detrimental effects.

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/l...cling-scheme-in-victoria-20150107-12j14t.html