Canadian Subscription coins only for Canadians?

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by joe1320, Dec 20, 2013.

1. joe1320

joe1320 New Member

After looking on the Canadian Mint's site I noticed that most of the subscriptions are now for Canadians only. I started the lunar coin subscription a while ago with the zodiac scallop collection and am still receiving them. Why are they cutting out the rest of the people on the new ones?

2. BigSteve

BigSteve New Member Silver Stacker

I have no idea why - previously they allowed orders to US addresses - that seems to have stopped too. Consider a Canadian mail-forwarder service?

3. db23

db23 Member

They do this frequently coins that are from other mints or distributors. They just sent out an email the other day about a new subscription for the Zodiac series, that series is actually from Belarus not Canada. Similar to the Fabulous 15 subscription, this series is assembled by a distributor in Germany, RCM sells is as a subscription only to Canadians.

Then you have the Superman series that wasn't as big of a winner as they'd hoped, started out as Canada only but when it wasn't selling out instantly they opened it up to US customers. Do you really want to buy something that failed to meet expectations in Canada though?

4. Golden

Golden Member

They probably have exclusive dealers for other countries.