Call the Top for BTC 2017?

Discussion in 'Digital Currencies' started by BuggedOut, Aug 10, 2017.

1. TreasureHunter

TreasureHunter Well-Known Member

It could go to 10,000 USD, even. But it's the masses buying in that are pumping it up, this is not real economic growth - I smell pump and dump.

The big guys will start shorting it and it will go down like a falling elephant on the stairs.

2. Ag bullet

Ag bullet Well-Known Member

now that's a chart i'd like to see!

3. Holdfast

Holdfast Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

4. TreasureHunter

TreasureHunter Well-Known Member

Open your brain:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. m3sca1

m3sca1 Active Member

My guess is 10.8k at its peak for 2018 trading. Whats with the red arrows? The overall trend is up ^, taking the tops of some crazy highs and drawing a down arrow between can be done on any trading chart. The big banks are quietly building there own block chain tech...they hate watching the money siphon away into crypto!
    They have to jump on board or fall.
    Have a look at the funnels of money pouring into crypto in realtime!
    http://fiatleak.com/

southerncross likes this.
  6. leo25

leo25 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

looks like Bitcoin is doing another run and might hit a new high. Though this run up is very questionable at this time point. The CME Bitcoin futures that will soon start stinks if you ask me.

It looks like Bitcoin is acting like the Dow Jones. The more issues there are the more it goes up.

7. southerncross

southerncross Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Been a bit out of touch and out of the loop of late with the whole scene, but it would seem that there are a swathe of institutional buyers getting in on the Crypto phenomena. My question is if they have chosen the right/correct vehicle to gain exposure to the Crypto market by placing BTC at the pinnacle of the Crypto World at this point in time?
    Just as an example earlier tonight I sent a $10 test to a friends BTC wallet before a major transfer, Cost was $8.11, Time was just over a half hour.

BCH has lower cost, and much faster transfer time. Why would people persevere with high cost and slow transactions when the exact same could be performed on a sibling network without all the political and other hassles?

The only issue is the one Bugged nailed the other day in some other thread here, and that is the issue of trading pairs for BCH.

Once that issue is resolved there will be a Tsunami happening towards the low cost fast transactions that BCH currently offers compared to BTC itself.

leo25 likes this.
  8. leo25

My thoughts exactly.

9. Soprano16

Soprano16 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Can't see BTC being anything but a store of wealth unless improvements to fees and times are made

CME causing plenty of FOMO I'd imagine

10. leo25

Once the CME starts trading no one will FOMO as they will create an unlimited amount of bitcoin contracts that traders can play with. Same with Gold contracts. If most don't trades real Bitcoin or intends to take delivery of Bitcoin then Bitcoin will go down the same path as gold. :(

It wouldn't surprise me if it's getting pumped now, so traders can short it soon.

This is the reason people like Roger Ver have been trying to get Bitcoin to the mainstream and make it a real usable payment system. So it wouldn't become just a speculative toy for traders. Bitcoin Cash is the real Bitcoin.

11. dozerz

dozerz Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

lies, prepare for its continued decline as ver and co are unable to maintain their inflated pump and spam the bitcoin mempool. there is no comparison between the dev teams, literally script kids vs crypto experts.

12. leo25

The reality is Bitcoin Cash stays more true to the original bitcoin. But think whatever you want to think, i don't care.
    Core team have great developers that sold out and get paid by the bankers. Just like Wall Street have some of the best sellout people in math and physics. The sad reality is a lot of the smartest and best people have no integrity and just chase the dollar.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2017
  13. dozerz

yup, keep drinking the kool aid

[​IMG]

14. southerncross

southerncross Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

If BTC's Dev's are so good, why is it that Transaction Cost's and Time's have escalated to the point that the whole system is becoming clogged and there is no fix in sight ?

15. leo25

I think Core devs are very talented, so it's not because they can't do it. I really think they have made the choice (well their elite bosses) to make Bitcoin purely a settlement/investment system instead of a payment system. As Core developers have clearly stated; they don't want to use bitcoin to buy things and don't care if fees are $100 per transaction. It's very sneaky how they are deciding for their self how they think Bitcoin should function. I've lost all faith in Bitcoin (core), that's not to say I don't think Bitcoin will keep going up in price. Just the look and sound of the Core team makes me feel sick. But people like dozerz are making too much money to think about integrity.

Then there is the CME futures BS, that has made me hate Bitcoin even more. It's all turned into a big joke.

16. dozerz

the back room elites deal to create bitcoin cash was about integrity? the spamming of the mempool is integrity? bitcoin core runs on consensus, not elite chinese miners and early whales. tell me more about the bitcoin cash integrity? bch is just another alt struggling to take the place of ether.

17. leo25

Btw at the moment I've lost faith in ALL cryptos and am ALL out. I'm sick of what this space has become and how it's made people act(including me). And yes I'm sure people on Bitcoin Cash side have also acted poorly.

Every crypto team is spending more time trying to figure out how to milk more money instead of focusing on getting a good working product.

One day a great movie is going to be made on this time.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2017
    mmm....shiney! and Silverling like this.
  18. leo25

Though I'm not in the market atm, I'm still casually watching.

Looks like Bitcoin is going for one last push for the year. I'm going to make a new final call of $8300 for the year, then a decent correction to follow.

19. STC

STC Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I'm thinking 10k could be the target, every correction follows with a burst. So many average joes getting into crypto we could be getting closer to the mania faze.

20. dozerz

not much resistance left, plenty of hodlers so see no reason why nye or earlier will be 10k usd.