Bye Gold, Hello BTC, until...

Discussion in 'General Precious Metals Discussion' started by barsenault, Nov 1, 2017.

1. ParanoidAndroid

ParanoidAndroid Well-Known Member

I've given up trying to preach that one Altima.

The smartest move I've ever made was putting a few hundred oz of silver into Crypto.

Now I hold more of both as a result.

The irony is that this forum now accepts bitcoin as membership payment, but nobody is game to bang on about that one.

Imagine their growth if they did that only a couple of years ago instead of the standard 1oz of silver payment.

Altima likes this.
  2. dozerz

dozerz Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

theres a misconception within the pm community that you can touch pm's, yet crypto is just air. common statement like "if you dont hold you dont own" and "it could go to zero" are common cliche that show a lack of understanding. plenty of traditional pm spokespeople bashing crypto and the herd follow.

Altima likes this.
  3. dragafem

dragafem Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

like I said Im happy for you and I mean it.obviously you had the guts to jump into crypto just like all the others. I just sit back and watch.There are plenty of other opportunities(or if you wanna call it to make profit) around the world which Im sure any of us have not thought about to "try".imagine how many people around the world dont know about PM's not even mention crypto and they can live their life without it.I know about,dont stress about it and sleep good at night. :)

4. jerrygold

jerrygold Active Member Silver Stacker

To me it is quite simple. You can make large profits (and losses) with cryptocurrency. It is very hard to do the same with precious metals in similar periods of time. This doesn't make gold or silver or PMs bad it just makes them different. If the internet collapses or is restricted then cryptocurrency is gone, simple fact. You can't make gold disappear but if you can't connect to the internet your bitcoins/catcoins/futurecoins are effectively gone.

Everyone should have some investment in crypto because you can become rich in it with barely any risk, you can literally turn $1000 into a million pretty much every month if you invest correctly. Of course most people will not be that successful but I'm just saying its possible. PMs will never offer those returns but that is ok because if you don't have PMs you have no insurance policy for anything.

Basically to sum up, put something into crypto because chances are you will become wealthier which means you can hold even more PMs and have an even greater wealth insurance policy. Good luck.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2017
  5. Topherclaus

Topherclaus Active Member

That's some of the worst advise I've ever heard. Barely any risk? We can all become wealthy? That's not how money works Jerry.

Sure, people have become wealthy through them already, but it is a big pyramid scheme which leaves a huge number of people out of pocket at some point. Whether that moment comes through government crackdowns (China, EU, and The States to a lesser extent) or through its own volatility is yet to be seen but this big game of hot potato is set to leave a lot of people burned. Comments like yours promote a very disingenuous profile of investing in anything, and particularly in cryptos right now.

6. jerrygold

jerrygold Active Member Silver Stacker

But comments like yours saying its a pyramid scheme aren't disingenuous? Anyway I said get it free if you can because then there is no risk. Unlike stocks/pms/etc, you can get crypto for free and start playing with it. If you want to make more money then you may have to put more money in but thats your own risk its obvious. No one should just read what I say and form an opinion and I don't assume I have to protect people from themselves like you do.

You act like people became wealthy from them long in the long past, just yesterday alone you could have 100x your money if you made the right moves. Ask the altcoin traders here how well they have done over time, most would say very good. So stop being a negative nancy, everyone dies bro, not everyone wins. This is self evident and adults don't need reminding.