Buying non 1 oz PM Silver Horses

Discussion in 'Lunar Forum' started by upandaway, Sep 14, 2013.

1. upandaway

upandaway Member

Wondering what the feelings were from those with a decent amount of the Lunar series in their possession on buying the 1/2 oz maybe 2's or 5's rather than the 300,000 mint limit 1 oz coin? I don't see much of a price gain in the 1/2 oz on recent years and many European dealers (not sure about AUS) still have a tonne in stock which is putting me off.

I bought 50 of the 1 oz and it appears( following the German dealer prices) many have started to ramp the prices from yesterday so unless we get another sharp down move soon I am not sure I am comfortable buying anymore.

I was leaning towards some 2 oz or 5 oz coins and would appreciate some opinions for decent gains on these over the next few years? Is the 1 oz always the better gainer or are the other weights usually able to offer better gains? I realise this is some what hit and miss due to animal popularity and mintages to a degree, so views from those of you who buy and sell a few of these and your experiences over the years would be appreciated. This is only the 'bullion coin' I am referring too.

Many thanks.

2. Kam

Kam Active Member Silver Stacker

I would bet on previous years instead of current one, bigger sizes on years prior to the Dragon are doing very good

3. Razz

Razz Member

Whith this prices any size will do just fine its the cheapest lunar 2 coin.sinds years and one of the best
    so far more and more collectors come so it will need some time but they will be profitable
    the 5 and 10 oz haver lower mintages so that could be a plus factor the 2 ounce coins i sell also to individuals who just like the coin and dont need the whole serie