Buying mania in Brisbane

Discussion in 'General Precious Metals Discussion' started by aleks, Apr 21, 2011.

1. Maximus

Maximus New Member

I was there on Monday and it was insane. Funnily the same lady ( presumption ) was quite rude in asking people to get out of her doorway.

2. THUCYDIDES79

THUCYDIDES79 New Member Silver Stacker

I thought that you thought that silver is in a bubble and that you sold out ?!

3. aleks

aleks Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

All said in jest.

I was there for gold and bought more silver last night. I am trying to move some 1kg bars and coins and move into more 5oz silver bars ;) I regret not bringing a stash with me to sell today!

4. silverc

silverc New Member

Wow that is mania on a small scale - interesting that they were there to purchase, although deals were done in the queue

5. kram

kram New Member

So, were there more buyers or sellers?

6. supersilver

supersilver New Member

amazing... small world, us SS'ers. definitely need that secret handshake haha I was in the line as well... (tan shirt eating my take away lunch)

NiGMa46 - green "hypotemoose" shirt from threadless right?

Shol'va you walked in with NiGMa?

you should have totally received a commission aleks :p a sign of things to come, people trading outside of the bullion/coin shops hmmmm

I think there were more buyers than sellers... I don't think the guy selling his 10oz's for under spot was all there in the head, I mean seriously... selling it so you could have some beer for the holidays?! rofl

7. aleks

aleks Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

buyers vs sellers: 12 vs 3 odd
    Volume either way hard to say, one particular person was offloading 1000 to 1500ozs? In bars and coins.

That was just from what I saw in the short period I was there.

8. RhythmDoctor

RhythmDoctor Active Member

I went about 3 weeks ago and there was a guy walking out with a holiday style wheeled suitcase... going to assume it was silver... though he did have 2 'discreetly' armed guards on the way out...

I'll probably be calling in the next month. Might phone through an appointment first.

9. NiGMa46

NiGMa46 Member

Yeah, that me.

That guy was hilarious, kept asking me questions about silver, how I found out about it, etc.

10. euphoria

euphoria New Member

It was quite busy last time I was there also. It appears busy, but bear in mind they are notoriously slow at processing people, and even if they served 100 people every day, thats still only 36,500 people every year or 2.2% of brisbanes population. I am not aware of too many other store fronts in brisbane. When more and more shops start opening up I would be more worried about a bubble. Brisbanes primary dealer getting more than the 3 people per day it was used to is hardly a bubble. As wise people have said, Demand for Preciousness worldwide has quadrupled in recent years, yet pms are still less than half of one percent (someone can correct me on this exact figure) of worldwide funds.

11. silveroz

silveroz New Member

I've been going to Ainslie for about 4 years now. The spread is a killer. Does anyone know how stringent it is to become a licensed dealer, or in fact, can you store/internet trade without a licence? I've been tossing around the idea with friends and family of a one-stop silver shop, including collidal and other 'medicals' (e.g. silver bandaids), pure and sterling silver jewelery, silver filtration plus trading bullion and coins.

Regarding mania; atm it's growing interest. An indicator of mania is when they're lined up on Queen Street, waiting to get into the Manor Building where Ainslie is based.:D

12. kram

kram New Member

From the Ainslie website