Buying advice please needed

Discussion in 'Gold' started by vacalo, Jul 26, 2011.

1. lamp

lamp New Member

I would like to find out, how easy is it to liquidate multiple 1oz gold coins/bars (just in case in the future I'm in need of the money for immediate sell out)?

Apart from selling it through this forum, where else can we sell them if not selling via eBay or in this forum, this question applies to both gold and silver?

2. BootyBandit

BootyBandit New Member

There is a lizard on my ceiling

3. grinners

grinners Active Member Silver Stacker

what kind of lizard?

4. BootyBandit

BootyBandit New Member

I believe its a Hemidactylus (the House Geckos) it is a genus of the family of typical geckos, Gekkonidae. It is the second-most speciose genus in the family, with about 90 described species,
    They are typically known as house geckos, due to their readiness to adapt to and coexist with humans. This genus was originally established by Lorenz Oken in 1817 for the species at that time known as Hemidactylus tuberculosus, and now described as the Tropical House Gecko (Hemidactylus mabouia).

5. grinners

grinners Active Member Silver Stacker

Oooooh, I know Lorenz Oken, he studied natural history and medicine at the universities of Freiburg and Wrzburg. He went on to the University of Gttingen, where he became a Privatdozent (unsalaried lecturer), and shortened his name to Oken.

Interesting life. Little known fact: He produced the 7 volume series "Allgemeine Naturgeschichte fr alle Stnde", with engravings by Johann Conrad Susemihl, and published in Stuttgart by Hoffman between 1839-184l.

6. Goldrush

Goldrush Member

Hi vacalo I prefer 1 ounces and bars over the smaller sizes as you pay less premium, but I do hold a few of the smaller sizes.

I would stick with Eagles, Maples and Pamp bars.

I should have said I did hold some smaller sizes as I lost all my PM's in a tragic boating accident which I only just managed to escape with my life..... ;)

7. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

Fractional gold - buy coins. Gainesville coins has quite a variety at times on its inventory.
    And I know I've said it before but this guy has a variety of fractional pandas in varying dates at bullion prices http://www.coinvault.com/panda1gold.htm
    I bought 10 x 1/10oz gold pandas from him, 1983 - 1990 for not far off bullion prices and cheaper than roos. It seems the most popular modern size fractional coins are 1/10, 1/4, 1/20. For some reason the 1/2 oz coin is not in demand as much.

8. wilkes

wilkes Member

1. You shouldn't have a problem moving anything fractional below 1oz. They are all good buys, and you will generally be able to sell with any premium paid so don't pay too much attention to it. I think 1oz will also remain fairly liquid.

2. If you plan on liquidating them in the US then anything widely recognised there is best. Eagles, Maples, Buffalos etc are all good and well known. A mix is good when you sell as some may prefer certain things over others and diversity makes it a bit of a hobby. More widely, internationally known bullion is also just as good such as PAMP products. Almost everything I buy is PAMP or Swiss refined.