Buy/sell/trade threads: enough is enough - time for action

Discussion in 'Questions & Comments' started by undftd, Nov 9, 2011.

1. undftd

undftd Member Silver Stacker

I am starting to get sick of all the comments from people with no intentions to buy/sell/trade on that particular item. I am noticing an increase in the number of arguments starting in these threads all because someone cannot keep their opinions to themselves.

I am new on here, but it is my understanding that if you don't like a price, a trading style, etc, you don't comment. If your not happy, make mental note, but don't try and undermine the thread.

I think it's about time we take a clear stance, solely on the buy/sell/trade threads, and keep them to specifically that. IMO, I think everyone who doesn't obey the guidelines, should get a warning, with an explanation to why they were warned.
    Repeat offenders should be banned for various time periods, chosen by admins.

I would really like to see a clamp down, in these trading treads.

Anyways,

Rant over. Please know it was hard to rant on iPhone.

Regards,

Undftd.

2. RetardedMonkey

RetardedMonkey Active Member Silver Stacker

One offender comes to mind :rolleyes:

3. fishball

fishball New Member Silver Stacker

Hear hear.

If you've got an issue with the price tag, take it up with the buyer or don't buy.

Don't comment, don't judge, it's none of your damn business and it's not helpful and unless the seller asks "Why is it not selling!?", uncalled for.

We don't care if you think "silver is silver" nor whether you think the premiums are justified or not.

If they're justified, the item will move. If not, it won't. Free market and all that. The extra 'comment' serves no purpose for the sales thread.

It's highly annoying when some vocal "silver is silver" people (not YKY!) denigrate sales threads with their opinion when they clearly aren't the target market and probably don't understand why some items have premium.

It is also highly annoying when people openly link to a cheaper source even though that source requires say 3 months before delivery, no f2f or requires ID, apples and oranges.

Either put up ($$) or shut up.

4. spannermonkey

spannermonkey Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

5. Elemental

Elemental Active Member Silver Stacker

I personally haven't been affected by this but it's just courtesy. By all means send the seller a PM if you feel you need to chime in but leave it out of the trade threads. Unless the trade thread is asking for comment (and that does happen) remarks just aren't necessary.

6. renovator

renovator Well-Known Member

Yeah definately bad form. Ive been tempted to have a giggle with some friends ads but decided not to incase someone thought i was serious. I agree totally if you dont like the price move on & shut up .

7. RhythmDoctor

RhythmDoctor Active Member

Definitely with you on this. 2 sales threads in the last 2 days have turned into shitfights.

The blame is irrelevant. I've been guilty of posting positive comments on threads... But I'll be now not commenting at all.

Might I also mention that the Boss is also away, so I'm begining to see that its 'supply teacher syndrome'... And we can't have that.

8. stextc

stextc New Member

2 other points :

Only 1 sales thread at a time.

Only 1 Bump / Up post daily.

9. RetardedMonkey

One sales a thread at a time is very pointless IMO, especially since you can't edit your first post after 24 hours.

Not to mention that means if I run an auction for 3 days, I can't have another for sale thread in that time.

10. fishball

Bumping your sales thread every hour just makes you look despo lol.

Does anybody do that? o_O

11. Dabloodymess

Dabloodymess Active Member

I agree RM, although I think it would be fair to have some kind of limit on thread creation in the for sale areas... in the past I have noticed threads from particular people dominating the first page of the for sale forums as they are selling off multiple small lots and create a new thread for each.

Obviously a situation like I outlined above is a bit annoying if you also have a for sale thread running and it keeps getting bumped to the second page by someone spamming for sale threads.

12. alor

alor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

no money no talk
    no metal no swap
    not your metal, not your price :p
    if one dis-agree and believe the price should be higher or lower, just post a new thread for your own metal. (its that simple)

13. projack

projack Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

My suggestion is to make a separate "buy/sell/swap buzz me" section for items priced in dollars, spot + $, or trades clearly market what the vendor wants for exchange, from those where you have to send an offer, or anything similar you can not simply just buzz and the deal is done.

As the forums gets bigger it would be nice to see all current offers where the buyers can decide instantly if the buy it or not.

We can call it buyers decide and sellers decide buy/sell/swap section

14. RetardedMonkey

There is a limit currently,

Members get 10 per 30 days
    Premium Members get 20 per 30 days
    Site Sponsors get 60 per 30 days

Only way that could be limited further is to split it up into halves of the month, but then you run the risk of over policing the forum and people who are effectively paying to use that buy/sell section might feel a bit hard done by? :|

15. Maggie

Maggie New Member Silver Stacker

Sorry fishball, I do. Maggies a despo often. Can't help myself, feel its only way I can let everyone that isn't on line know Iam doing a buy, or it could becoming a habit (like hot chocolate)
    I also agree with Doc, the Boss is away. Let us not spoil his moment.
    Regards Maggie

16. RetardedMonkey

This would be nice!

Don't really like 'make an offer' threads personally, I always have a tendancy to PM the user and ask for a ball park figure anyway :lol:

17. fishball

That's different though Maggie, you're usually doing group buys and stuff like that which needs a lot of interest. Also your section is unique and doesn't affect other people's sales threads :)

So by all means, bump away Maggie! :D

I was more referring to bumping general sales threads constantly. It'll block out other people's listings.

18. undftd

undftd Member Silver Stacker

Maybe there wouldn't be such a problem if people list the price they are after. If they want offers, accept them via PM only. Also, if an offer is sent via PM, surely that must remain private, and not used publicly to generate competition.

19. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

thanks .... i think :lol:

20. 2ds

2ds New Member

I thought about this the problem then is that people could be putting up offers that are completely out of the ballpark, the only reasonable sidestep seemd to be to repost then anonymously... It's not all about competition, perhaps there should be a "offers will be reposted anonymously unless specifically requested not to be" clause