Bullion stores online trading hours

Discussion in 'General Precious Metals Discussion' started by silversardine, May 30, 2011.

1. silversardine

silversardine Member

For the 10th time Bullion Club has missed out on my dollars because they shut spot based online trading at 3pm WA time. The prices for out of this time are often quite a bit more.

I know they accept phone orders during the day as well as online, but that is not always convenient. If I simply decided to place an order in the morning then I have to go and check everywhere else again for pricing in case it has changed (eg: BB) and if you only have 10 minutes to spare that isn't feasible.

It is also nice to finally get to the end of the day and be able to sit down and make some decisions about what to buy. Well, 7pm is not really the end of the day, but I had a few spare minutes and thought I'd check their prices. There is another online trader that ends online purchase at 10.30 EST which is a little better!

I realsie that this is how bullion trading is done, but it seems that at least WA business hours could be considered just to give us a chance.

Does anyone else find this annoying? Surely I can't be the only one.

2. Hickson

Hickson Member Silver Stacker

No your the only one :lol:

Come on man up!

3. silversardine

silversardine Member

Clearly! :)

Edit: Typo

4. fishball

fishball New Member Silver Stacker

Some other online bullion stores do '24/7' spot trading. You just need to shop around.

If you don't like buying off one place, try another place.

There's no lack of bullion stores in Australia ;)

5. silversardine

silversardine Member

Thanks for the reminder.

I've bought from quite a number of stores around the country, but BC actually had some quite good prices at the time (the best I think) - especially for their own bars by quite a few dollars.

My point is it would be nice if they remembered that WA is still open when the rest of the country is shut. When Daylight saving is in - it will shut 3 hours early for our business hours. It is an old argument and a pointless one I guess.

As an afterthought I noticed that they say they confirm orders with the PM products supplier at the time of ordering - so since that is WA it seems quite feasible to operate till WA shuts.

Anyway, recently a few more stores have come online as well which will provide some other opportunities.