BTC-e ??????

Discussion in 'Digital Currencies' started by capt.sparrow, Nov 22, 2013.

1. capt.sparrow

capt.sparrow New Member

I'm guessing that you all pretty much know and believe that BTC-e is the cheapest place to buy cryptos...

However I'm frustrated like hell about how the hell you people are using this site at present??
    Please, for those of you who have actually used this site to swap or purchase cryptos please share your experience in terms of the following:

1. If you choose to NOT go through the whole "identify yourself" routine (but do have a login/account) then is there anything at all I can do with my account, can I
    a) deposit money ?
    b) purchase bitcoins ?
    c) transfer bitcoins to my own wallet or to another exchange ?
    d) transfer cash OUT of my account to my own bank account ?

I would imagine that I cannot do (d) without ID, but i just want confirmation on whether i can do any of the other things on this site without ID verification?

2. It seems as if they do accept USD via wire transfer... and so one could either do wire transfer via your bank (which would work out bluddy expensive) or you could wire money over using OzForEx. What is the exact process i would need to follow in order to deposit money into my account using wire transfer? I mean i dont see any link to my account from which i can charge it via money transfer... no reference number i could use for a wire transfer, no destination bank account details for the transfer ... in fact sweet f..all details i can use in order to actually execute a wire transfer!!
    Also, if you've actually done this. what fees do they rape off your deposit on their side? ;)

Must admit i'm pretty close to being over it with this whole bitcoin thingie..
    I find this same problem with virtually any and all sites - they all SAY they accept this and that method of depositing money into your account, but once you're actually logged into your account and you want to actually follow through with this and commence the process i find there is NOTHING NADA SWEET F..ALL link or process to follow in order to actually DO the deposit! (no reference numbers, directions, bank details, account details ... nothing!)

The only exception i found was with Coinjar - they actually have a user friendly process which guides you through exactly what to do in order to effect a deposit into your account!!

2. RetardedMonkey

RetardedMonkey Active Member Silver Stacker

So use Coinjar.io?

Login > Finances > Deposit USD
    [​IMG]

3. Mr Medved

Mr Medved Member

Try out localbitcoins for d) as I'm not sure if there is any formal ID process (disclaimer: I haven't used it before). All exchanges I'm aware of require an ID process if you want to withdraw $$$.

I have read that a), b), c) is possible though it's not an efficient method as you get gouged with fees.

4. capt.sparrow

capt.sparrow New Member

thanks RM! Not sure why/how i missed that, but it could be related to very little sleep of late ;)

I wonder what those of us do who don't have a "utility bill" to show??
    Really a stupid bluddy sytem

5. capt.sparrow

capt.sparrow New Member

The charges for a), b), and c) should not be any different in the absence of ID verification???

I just wish these exchanges would be more transparent about what exactly you can and cant do without ID verification instead of waiting for you to transfer you money to them and THEN suddenly making all sorts of demands ito ID ...

6. SydStacks

SydStacks New Member

This is what I did and works fine:
    *Open account with Coinjar
    *Open account with BTC-e
    *Deposit money into Coinjar using NAB (in person) - goes into account literally in 5 minutes
    *Buy BTC using Coinjar, 2% premium but spot price is slightly higher than MTGOX (only downside)
    *Transfer the bitcoin into BTC-e account (can take up to 24 hours or longer)
    *Trade litecoins, NCM etc... (0.2% commission on trades)

To do bank transfers using Coinjar (instead of in person at the branch), you need to provide 2 forms of I.D. Takes 1-2 days to get the OK.

This is the simplest way I could find without having to buy in USD and bank transfers which could take days or weeks.

7. Golightly

Golightly Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Wow you got lucky, I had one go through right away then another 2 deposits take up to 25 hours, going through at 3am,
    But I find coinjar to BTC-e only takes a 20 minutes,

But yeah thats exactly what one does, Just be prepared to wait for your LTC wallet to take half the day to sync.

8. SydStacks

SydStacks New Member

25 hours for cash deposit into NAB branch or online deposit? Cash deposit 25 hours is crazy, I'd go nuts.

I did an online deposit and took 1 business day.

Like I said, only downside with Coinjar is that they charge around 2-3% premium on MTGOX AUD spot price and then charge 2% commission.

9. capt.sparrow

capt.sparrow New Member

yep - they aint cheap thats for sure

10. TreasureHunter

TreasureHunter Well-Known Member

Crypto-Trade.com accepts PayPal. Spreads are high and selling for dollars is expensive, but it's (theoretically) easier to upload.

A money transfer will take a lot away and could take 3-5 days, even.

You could feed your Crypto-Trade account with PayPal and transfer the cryptos to BTC-e, where you can trade. Then withdraw in the end from BTC-e.

Sounds simple, may not be, though...

Might want to use your wallet in between them and whenever you finish trading during the day. Stealing cryptos is quite "trendy" these days!

11. spclst69

spclst69 Member

PayPal doesn't come up for me when trying to deposit funds.

only options I have are okpay, payeer and perfectmoney

12. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

Be aware that you need to wait a minimum 3 days after opening an account before withdrawing BTC/LTC etc from BTC-e.

Bit of a crock.

13. STC

STC Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I'm going thru coinjar & buybit.com then transferring to BTC-e to trade, it costs more but I figure when I sell I transfer my BTC back to coinjar, sell at their price and transfer back to my com account.
    Thoughts?