British Parliament to debate money creation

Discussion in 'Currencies' started by JulieW, Nov 15, 2014.

1. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Well this is a turn-up:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjR6xRN0PjY[/youtube]

and they suggest you tell your MP you'd like him/her to attend and participate.

Now THAT could be uncomfortable!

Can we have one please sir?

Perhaps we could get Jim Rickards to do the opening remarks here after the G20 scurry off to their next round of excess.

Jim Rickards speaks to The Business
    Video Interview:
    http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-11-13/jim-rickards-speaks-to-the-business/5890060

Rickards has some ideas!

2. errol43

errol43 New Member Silver Stacker

SHOULD BE INTERESTING COME NOV 20. When are we going to have this type of debate in our Parliament?

Barnaby Joyce lost his job as Finance Minister once because he suggested that the USA might have a hard job paying back its $17,000,000,000,000 debt.

How many of our MP's, I wonder, know anything about Fractional Reserve Banking,, DERIVATIVES OR off the books accounting?

Lets get rid of the Reserve Bank and let The Treasury print the money and determine interest rates.

Regards Errol 43

3. Kael

Kael New Member Silver Stacker

Not being funny/pessimistic/non-believing/bornintoabubble, BUT...........
    Using the words "to teach and about money" in the same sentence regarding the leaders of a country(ok so they are ONLY back bench but they have more say than than the normal voter)actually makes a little bit of sick come into my mouth.
    Words actually fail me in regards to how wrong that statement is.

For the record, Not a pop at JulieW.
    Just in general.....

4. JulieW

No problem. The article and premise startled me I must say.

5. sammysilver

sammysilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Joyce also warned of sovereign risk a decade ago and people shook their heads in disbelief. Thought he was a loony.

6. Roswell Crash Survivor

Roswell Crash Survivor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

From Westminster:
    (a)head three miles downriver to the City of London, London's Traditional financial district
    Home to Bank of England, London Stock Exchange, Lloyds Banking, BT Financial, Standard Chartered and more high-end law firms than you can shake a judge's gavel at

(b)head five miles downriver to Canary Wharf, London's Modern financial district
    Huge towers owned by HSBC, Citi Group, Barlays, J.P Morgan Chase, Bank of America, Bank of America, Toronto-Dominion (TD), Morgan Stanley and more insurance companies headquarters than you can shake an actuarial model at

I do not think the proximity for symbols of state power and financial control is a coincidence. Its a planned statement.

7. JulieW

Is that to do with the borders of the City of London and its status in the UK?

I seem to recall reading that one of the monarchs borrowed money from Rothschild/banks for some war or other, and put up the crown jewels as collateral, which are now owned by the City which loans them out for ceremonial occasions. (I don't know if that is true or not folks)

Perhaps the reason the banks and eitists hover so near the centre is to avoid the influence of other police forces!!
    :D

8. Lovey80

Lovey80 Well-Known Member

Do you have a link to that? Would love to see his words in retrospect if that is the case.

Is it possible to watch this UK debate online?

9. MacAg

MacAg Member

UPDATE and link to video of the debate in UK Parliament from PositiveMoney.org

I've been on their email list since they founded, and even if they never reach their goal I think it quite an achievement that they managed to get this topic debated in UK Parliament. The website is full of information and video clips about money creation that I've found useful in educating friends and family who still think that governments are the only ones who create money.

For our Kiwi stackers this organisation is up and running in NZ too. http://www.positivemoney.org.nz/