Britannia packaging

Discussion in 'Numismatics' started by GCP, Jan 11, 2012.

1. GCP

GCP Member

I'm wondering peoples thoughts on Britannia packaging. I picked up a couple of the 2011 edition and for a single coin they take up a lot of space...
    http://www.perthmint.com.au/catalogue/the-2011-uk-britannia-1oz-silver-bullion-coin.aspx

Am i undermining my investment by getting rid of the packaging? Do Brit's carry any numi value or are they prettied up bullion coins?

Coincidently i also have a spare 2011, so if anyone want to swap for an alternate year shoot me a PM (yes, still sealed in original package ;))

2. Lunardragon

Lunardragon Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Are u in syd?

3. Justfishin

Justfishin New Member

Prettied up bullion is accurate. I popped all mine into airtites---packaging irrelevant unless bought as a boxed coin. :)

4. Austacker

Austacker Active Member

There are a lot of stackers here that disregard ALL packaging, however they have brought these close to bullion value, so I don't think it matters much on these.

However seeing you are buying at a premium price, you would loose that numismatic value that you have paid for, the moment you remove the packaging. So if you want to throw $15 away get rid of the packaging.

Edit - Don't believe me try selling it for $55 on here un-packaged, ebay maybe ? - fees etc...