Britain Should Leave Or Remain In The European Union - Gold

Discussion in 'Markets & Economies' started by Holdfast, Apr 23, 2016.

1. Holdfast

Holdfast Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

23 June 2016 - The UK's EU Referendum.

The effect on precious metal....................

Uncertainty in the markets may bring more demand for metal.

2. tolly_67

tolly_67 Well-Known Member

At the moment, no-one really gives a flying **** about gold. It is barely holding its head above water from its recent lows considering all the world events...war, economic collapse, martians invading etc...What else needs to happen to make this brick fly?
    A vote to leave the EU will simply force the U.S. dollar higher which will occur very soon because the vote will be a 'yes'. Just watch the U.S. dollar index over the next few months. It will rise as traders will take positions in advance.
    This will most likely cause gold to ........fall.....initially. Too many traders will resort to the flawed concept of dollar up, gold down. Eventually both will rise together.

3. SpacePete

SpacePete Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Considerable central bank effort goes into maintaining that sentiment... gold is a relic, a throwback to an era long passed, a useless investment vehicle. But meanwhile, central banks keep tons and tons of the worthless stuff stockpiled. Kind of strange, that.

4. bellinvest

bellinvest New Member

Agreed.

Gold and the USD will eventually move higher together but before a few jitters.

The 4 big political events over the next 1 1/2 years is the UK Referendum, US Election (huge), and the French/German Elections last in 2017.

I suspect the shift would have occurred by late 2017... so people moving out of the Euro, Yen, Yuan, Pound etc. and into the USD/Gold/solid non-financial blue chips etc. Out of toxic bonds etc.

Cheers,
    B

5. Holdfast

Well...that's the whole point of the thread.

Gold will be affected by the outcome...will it not???

6. tolly_67

tolly_67 Well-Known Member

Yes.....
    Its movement, however, will probably be best described as Multiple Personality Disorder....it will appear to move in conflicting paths. The truth is that it will only move as a function of the masses. Get ready for some serious "manipulation" accusations as the gold price does things that defy popular belief/myth.

7. Guest

Guest Guest

I hope the UK leaves the EU. It would also cause precious metals to surge.

What is the future for Nations?

It looks like we will live in a world with no borders in the not too distant future.

I would prefer that nations are self determining (and able to limit/end unwelcome immigration) with free movement of peoples still allowed but deportations for those who overstay their welcome.

If we are honest we know that is not what our rulers want for us.

8. Ipv6Ready

Ipv6Ready Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I think Greenspan summed up gold when he said, the Feds holds it because of tradition.

9. errol43

errol43 New Member Silver Stacker

If the EU signs the TPPP, then it is great that the UK doesn't stay in the EU.

Regards Errol 43

10. motorbikez

motorbikez Member Silver Stacker

I'm voting out, nothing will change my mind about that, I love all the threats being bandied about what will happen to the UK if we leave. My take on it is nothing very much will happen if we leave, I would guess the will fall by about 10% initially against US dollar & Euro so that might be a good bet for you guys who believe the UK will kick the EU into touch. Then it will be business as usual without us sending 325 million a day to support a corrupt EU gravy train. At least we can get rid of our s--t government every 4 years if we so wish.

What I am particularly outraged about is Cameron wheeling that deadbeat Obama into the debate, WTF has it got to do with the US,I can just see the reaction of the American public if Cameron or Merkel started spouting pure rubbish about integrating ever more closely with the rest of the American continent, would be interesting to see how the US would deal with being dictated to by faceless bureaucrats from Bolivia & Venezulela Mexico etc over riding the US's own laws.

Not a chance of that happening, the US don't recognise any laws in the world they don't like.

Obama states we will be at the back of the queue re any trade deals,with good friends like that who needs enemies. This vote is for UK citizens only & no one in the UK gives a s--t what Obama or the US wants.

11. motorbikez

motorbikez Member Silver Stacker

The current situation re in out is 50/50 according to a poll commissioned by the independent, but they comment that the higher turnout by older voters could see the UK Brexit.

Cameron's gamble about involving Obama in this referendum has backfired spectacularly. Only 23% of people were more likely to stay with the EU after Obama's intervention while 45% were now more likely to vote to leave after Obama's outrageous comments, seams I'm not the only one outraged by someone who has absolutely nothing to do with the UK sticking his nose in.

12. Holdfast

Perhaps watch this if you are a Brit or in the EU. :|

*How the EU works :rolleyes: 4:55

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYqzcqDtL3k[/youtube]

13. Oldsoul

Oldsoul New Member

Bookies still favour no brexit quite strongly. Bookies are better predictors than any polls.

14. Bernie01

Bernie01 New Member

It has 2 sides............................I am from Holland and i see it this way:

1 The EU is good as in the sence that nations work together and take benefits from eachother and we all work on a better future with being one instead of many..

2 The EU is a money pit created feeding Brussels witch does nothing than sucking fiat money from the west and pumping it to the east and south making the west/north poor,and making the people in Brussels rich over the backs of the tax payers...

The EU/Brussels as we know it now shut be ended tomorrow as a institue with power....
    A EU that really links europe as a whole nation and not makes the west hate the east/south and brussel would be a great EU.

In this current EU it would awesome if the UK points the middle finger and says fuck off............But look at Austria elections something similiar will happen a small 0,1% will vote stay...Or with Roundup,once vote for it to be legal its 15 years legal without a way out......Onces vote for a EU its bla bla..........

This whole voting democracy is a rigged game...

15. Holdfast

Ordinary folk need to be able to sack governments otherwise you become nothing more than a Serf.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYqzcqDtL3k

The video above, demonstrates just how little folk know about the upper echelons of the EU. :(