Boxing options for Aussies

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by Ouch, Jul 21, 2011.

1. Ouch

Ouch Active Member

Hi fellow stackers,

I was browsing the Apmex site and saw lots of options when it comes to coin storage solutions such as the following:
    http://www.apmex.com/Category/700/Coin_Storage_Boxes.aspx
    http://www.apmex.com/Product/23606/Sure_Safe_Silver_Coin_Container___Box_of_125.aspx

I was wondering if anyone knows any where here in Australia that sells something similiar to the above OR if anyone has less conventional storage means such as metal biscuit tins or airtight food storage containers? I just need something to keep capsuled coins neatly instead of being scatterred all over the place. Not sure if those airtight food storage containers are suitable for silver too. Are they?

Thanks.

2. Big A.D.

Big A.D. Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

The boxes listed on APMEX are mainly for slabbed coins and we don't have many slabbed coins trading hands in these parts.

You could try looking at some of the Lighthouse accessories that are available. Try Googling "Lighthouse presentation tray" and see what comes up.

3. Midnight Man

Midnight Man Member Silver Stacker

I'm probably doing it wrong, but I have coins that are wrapped or in the kook-style holders stashed in a plastic lidded metal coffee can.

Saves 'em going all over the place, but that's about all it'll do.

4. Jislizard

Jislizard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Gladwrap bags are fine, it is the softner in PVC that causes the problems, any polystyrene or polypropylene should be fine, if it is suitable for food it should be safe for silver.

In Qld you need to keep the moisture out, so I use the glad sealable bags with a few of the silicone satchets. The don't stack very well though and if you have too many they slide about.

5. Ouch

Ouch Active Member

Thanks all for the responses. I shall have a look at all the options suggested. At the moment, I'm thinking putting the capsuled coins into ziplock/anti-tarnish bags and these bags will then go into a metal square biscuit/coffee tin.

6. Dan Unda

Dan Unda Member Silver Stacker