Book safe??

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Theantifunie, Jan 30, 2015.

1. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Big fish tank. Pet snake.

2. smk762

smk762 Active Member Silver Stacker

Enough sharp edges near your treasures to leave ample DNA evidence.

3. Jislizard

Jislizard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I have put all my books onto SD cards and I hide them in hollowed out coins.

[​IMG]
    Source: http://boingboing.net/2010/02/16/hollow-spy-coins-for.html

It is not a terrible idea, but it is limited by scale. I think if you wanted to do this you would just get a hardback book, cut some holes in the cardboard cover for some thin gold coins and paste an end paper over it. Glue the dust jacket in place and you are sorted. Better yet, do it to a library book and then return it. They have better security.

It would still function as a book and you would be storing several thousand dollars that wouldn't spill out when the book is thrown on the floor.

I am sure that when you get hit by a car the charity shop will be very happy to receive the box of books your family drop off outside the door, if they ever notice.

We are still looking for the banknotes that my brother-in-law hid in a book ten years ago.

4. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

I melt my silver and then make ordinary, conspicuous things from it. All my stainless steel-looking pots and pans are pure silver. My cast iron-looking woks are heavily tarnished silver. I replaced the steel bumpers and trim on my truck with pure silver. Even the rabbit ears antenna for my TV are pure rolled silver.

Oh shit, I just remembered, the other day my neighbor ran out of aluminum foil so I gave her my aluminum foil-looking roll of silver to use for her BBQ party....arrrrgh!!!

:)

5. jfs_moose

jfs_moose New Member Silver Stacker

Just don't store them at your house - you are asking for trouble. Too many things can go wrong from robbery, fires, floods, the other half finding your stack! ;)