Bob Chapman - $55-60 silver then explosion to $80+ next 2-3 weeks

Discussion in 'Silver' started by bbobkins, Apr 25, 2011.

1. Nub Cannon

Nub Cannon New Member

Yeah I have made crazier predictions with a lottery thing called "proline" where you guess the outcomes of at least 3 sports games (like who will win and by how much) and got it right. Some crazy stuff that probably can't be predicted would have to happen to get us to go 100%+ in less than a month...

2. hem9

hem9 Active Member Silver Stacker

When John (Stella) puts up a video of what he is doing (he does not expect people to take it as advice) and he gets it right, he gets flamed like crazy. When Chapman makes a call and gets it so wrong as well as permabulls like max keiser people just say it's manipulation. Sheesh that my friends are the reason why the silver liberation army is full of weird extremist and not rich investors

3. Nukz

Nukz New Member

Yea i agree about QE3, the problem with people coming out and suggesting such future prices in silver are that for the prices to be achieved it's not as simple as the market just moving parabolic. There has to be something happen like a sharp drop in the USDX or Benanke comes out and opens his mouth and says something stupid for there to be such drastic moves in silver.

Everybody has different views on the metal but i think to suggest $80 in 2-3 weeks effectively more than double its current price is insanity absent some sort of catastrophic event.

4. systematic

systematic Well-Known Member

shoulda woulda .... coulda

osama obama .... oh drama ....

5. stellaconcepts

stellaconcepts New Member

heheh... funnily enough - I have an email from Bob Chapman (ive kept in touch with him over the years) - he wanted to come on my channel for an interview (a subscriber set it up). I told him that I simply didnt agree with his predictions on silver so it would be disingenuous to put him on the channel when I simply disagreed with him.

Naturally, had I of done the vid, I'd have had raving reviews and heaps more subscribers... being right about silver isn't whats important nowadays... all you need to do is copy and paste a permabull and you have it made in youtube land.

im finished with youtube for a while - aint worth the effort...

6. prince_of_sales

prince_of_sales New Member

John, I'm one of the guys who watched silver videos for months on end without ever touching silver. YOU were the one who gave me enough faith to get into the market at $26, and you should have been the one that I took most notice of when it was in the high 40s.

Please don't quit youtube, you're practically the only "silver guru" that reflected upon himself and questioned the status quo. Don't be run off by politics, people tend to get mad when they are wrong.

Oh and by the way, your CFD video that you had up was extremely insightful.

7. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

Not really .... at least he has insight into WHY it could go either way.
    However he's not God and so cannot predict with certainty what governments and bankers could pull out of the hat, so all he can do is predict
    1. if they do A then the result will be X ...
    2. if they do B the result will be Y ...

Nothing wrong with that at all

8. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

Sounds like you're effectively saying that the current silver price represents its fair price given all the fiat printed into existance up until this point and would require more fiat to be printed in order to push the silver price higher ...

is that about right?

9. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

Are you saying that the silver market was NOT manipulated down then?

10. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

John - i respect your opinions very much, and this last silver drop has proven that you know what you're talking about!
    Nobody can get every prediction right thats for bluddy sure!
    however your youtube channel is a great source of information and learning for the majority of us out there ... i know i speak on behalf of the majority of stackers out there when i sat i sincerely hope you come back asap! We really DO NEED YOU!! ;)

11. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

+ 1

Yeh - what happened to that CFD video?? Did you take it offline?
    i wanted to have a good look at it - i need the education ...

12. grinners

grinners Active Member Silver Stacker

Stella, what happened to the Max Keiser phone call? I saw it yesterday but didnt have time to watch it and now its gone? :(

13. hem9

hem9 Active Member Silver Stacker

All I am saying is that YOU or I don't know that if it was as there is no concrete proof. There are people that say they have met aliens without accompanying proof, what do you call them? Oh ya I know "a nut".

14. Dwayne

Dwayne New Member

I can't imagine that you are saying that markets always represent fair value and always trade on logic and "fair value". Market pricing is determined far more by sentiment in the short term so I don't think that hobo-jo's statement is saying what you're suggesting in the slightest - though maybe he will correct me on that.

15. stellaconcepts

stellaconcepts New Member

Things we know:

1. The CFTC raise margin requirements on all commods when the volatility and their exposure and risk increases.
    2. The CFTC lower margin requirements on all commods when its the opposite.

What we saw was standard market principles. There are way more smoking guns in this market to prove manipulation - this is not one of them

I even WARNED that if the CFTC started getting aggressive on margin rates and leveraged longs the rally would come to an abrupt halt. (see the vid I did on holidays http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vMgVZ1QDZ4 (start listening about the 8:00min mark)

16. Nukz

Nukz New Member

It's really hard to answer this exactly, i believe currently the market just doesn't perceive QE1/QE2 and the subsequent increase in money supply as being as big a issue as others may. That said there could be a sudden change in market sentiment towards the increase in the U.S money supply which could send investors into precious metals.

If you think the current price of silver is fair value or not is really irrelevant because that's not how you make money and the market in a way is always right.

Thus far investors still seem to have faith in bonds/stock markets although the USD is starting to get allot of media attention these days.

17. Nub Cannon

Nub Cannon New Member

If silver stays flat or drops over the next few weeks $5 bucks says SGT and Bob Chapman will say "IT'S TEH MANIPULAZIONS!", I don't know if it's just me but I feel like there aren't only "manipulators" in the market. Besides we would be considered manipulators as well.

18. samwang

samwang New Member

are you sure we are going to see prices over 50 in the coming month?
    im not ready for that

19. Nub Cannon

Nub Cannon New Member

the only way that this described move in price can happen is if either margins drop by 50% to where they were before or somehow by some miracle the worlds population decides to invest their money in silver.

20. BigBen

BigBen New Member

A bit over 4 weeks later and we are really close to 60, let alone 80 lmfao!!!!
    Classic!