BITCON... WHY its totally FLAWED

Discussion in 'Digital Currencies' started by 1for1, Aug 6, 2012.

1. Noppy

Noppy New Member

I would have cashed out when I saw +200$ keep a little bit going. Like what the hell am I going to do with 20mil thats so many schooners.

2. renovator

renovator Well-Known Member

With age comes wisdom hawkeye.. The funny part is you knew it was in a massive bubble but greed took over ..At least you got your initial outlay back thats the main thing . Greed is an uncontrollable human emotion ive seen many fall on their own sword because of it .. With no net loss your still a winner just not as big a winner as you could have been . . hindsight is a bitch if only we could get it beforehand .. I hope its third time lucky for ya

3. RetardedMonkey

RetardedMonkey Active Member Silver Stacker

Everyone said they would cash out at $100+, but no one did.

Greed!

4. dreaming555

dreaming555 Member Silver Stacker

Recieved 5 mins ago

We are pleased to inform you that the identification documentation you have submitted has been reviewed, and your account has been upgraded to "Verified" status.

5. 1for1

1for1 Well-Known Member

Can anyone buy BTC? i really want some.. anyone know of those Aussie sites honoring the low prices? I thought all trade was halted..

1for1

6. pro$pector

pro$pector New Member

Lies!!! ;)

I said I'd cash out them all out at $98, and did - then I bought again at $120 when it became obvious it was going higher.

I sold in 3 chunks, $221, $229, $247.

7. pro$pector

pro$pector New Member

Mt Gox is back on since about 20 mins ago, price has already had a good bounce from $60 to $120 AUD.

Orders are working fine too, can be a bit hard to cancel once placed though which is a pain.

8. RetardedMonkey

Having one site that controls the entire market is not good.

BTC-e was trading around the $50-$70 mark for a while... moment Gox opens, shot up to $120.

9. pro$pector

pro$pector New Member

Gox traded at $60 (maybe lower, charts aren't too accurate right now) for a while before going back up.

I know I just missed getting an order at $57 by a fraction.

10. Noppy

Noppy New Member

I got no money to buy but in with as it is all spent on GPUs but I am cool with how this is going. I think it will bounce back stronger. Might take a month or 2 though. The worry warts would have sold and the miners will be holding.

11. pro$pector

pro$pector New Member

It will be 2011 all over again, price will settle back to a certian level, then resume the climb.

They are scarce and in demand for more than just trading, once the speculators clear out it will be a good bet again.

12. aleks

aleks Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Back up and trading properly now...

13. hawkeye

hawkeye New Member Silver Stacker

Yeah, the speculators will need to get fed up with it first. When they realise it isn't going to start accelerating again and they are flushed out and btc gets into strong hands we'll be ready for the next climb. Will probably take at least a year. In that time the btc marketplace will have grown, hopefully we'll have at least one professional exchange and it will be more obviously viable. Each bubble widens the amount of people who know about it also.

14. pro$pector

pro$pector New Member

Gox down again for everybody?

Last trade seems to be 12 mins ago in AUD.

15. stellaconcepts

stellaconcepts New Member

Anyone trying to trade this must have rocks in their head. there is no fundamental data to be analysed for bitcoins, there is only a bunch of wannabe traders getting greedy. this is a negative sum game (because of the brokerage fees). You play it long enough, you will lose. Someone bought at 266 "because it was obvious it was going higher".

Everyone bags on me for bagging "shitcoins" when they first came out saying "youve missed such a great chance at profiting"... Yeap. I did. I also missed a great chance on profitting on a BILLION different penny stocks that ended up going to blue sky figures.... I miss opportunities everyday... what's the point? Someone bagging someone out for not getting on an opportunity is most certainly a case of the pot calling the kettle black...

I could write an arbitrage program that bought and sold on MTgox, and tradehill looking for price disparty (i.e. buy one side, sell the other, take the difference) automatically and literally make thousands a week. Would take me two weeks MAX to write the software and exploit the massive arb opportunites that exist. Last night I could buy on tradehill for 235 and sell instantly on mtgox for 248 (that just happened to be at a time I manually checked both sites).... I could make "guaranteed" cash and not even be exposed to the bitcoin price volatity since all trades would be microseconds worth of exposure.

but guess what, I'm going to miss that opportunity as well... I'm not going to write the software - why? because I am not confident that when I go to withdraw funds, I'll get it. I'm not confident my account wont be hacked like many before. I am not confident in mtgox's and tradehills ability to stay online which could be detrimental if it goes down at a bad time.

Bitcoin is not a currency... its wannabes trading in a world they do not understand and there is going to be blood on the streets.

If bitcoin rise in value, there will be more and more hacking, DDOS attacks and fraud.

If bitcoin fall in value, everyone loses.... since only 0.5% of bitcoin users actually spend their bitcoins on stuff....everyone is in for the speculation.

I am just so shocked that the silver staking world is getting swept away with bitcoin... shame on all of you who are into bitcoin and have ever bagged out the financial system running this world... you are oppo-sames. I make a living from trading, but I do so with reason, fundamental analysis and logic. All you guys who think you can buy bitcoins on the dips and ride it to infinity are deluded most extreme.

thats my two bitcoins :)

16. renovator

renovator Well-Known Member

thats your two bitcoins ? i thought you said you didnt have any ? :p:

17. 1for1

1for1 Well-Known Member

Some people must be laughing so hard.. Double profits to be made in two straight days on btc-e with close to zero fees.. Just need to sell near the top then buy back in near the bottom .. Same as any trade but without the mad fees from usual share trading.. I think most people just trade the ltc btc ratio so didn't cash out to us$ but if they did they would be mad up

Sweet times

1for1

18. aleks

aleks Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

It's very entertaining to watch and participate in (with some play money) or even just a mental exercise looking at the psychology of people and human greed....

19. stellaconcepts

stellaconcepts New Member

Some people must be laughing so hard...? What about those that bought at 266? Crying so hard?

What about those that bought at anything under 50 and sold in the flash crash to zero?

What about those that have had 100's of thousands stolen from them, with no recourse?

What about those that accepted bitcoins as payment, only to have it halved in price as soon as they make a sale?

What about those who now own bitcoin tshirts and mugs that could have now bought themselves are a car?

Yeap... I'm sure SOME people are laughing, those looking on at this madness asking if these people are taking the piss!?

20. RetardedMonkey

You say that like 99% of people in Silver are in it for when doomsday is here.

Everyone is in most things for speculation.