Bitcoin Wallet (Qt) and Litecoin Wallet (Qt) software synchronising ..

Discussion in 'Digital Currencies' started by capt.sparrow, Nov 21, 2013.

1. Phiber

Phiber Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Well at the end of the day, fees are negligible when riding the bitcoin chart.

2. beeteecee

beeteecee New Member Silver Stacker

I paid 10% fee on my first coins. What kind of idiot would pay a 10% fee right? That fee was $1.something, and everything turned out better than expected. :)

3. TreasureHunter

TreasureHunter Well-Known Member

Sorry, mistake! Mine says "98 weeks behind" :p

I guess it'll finish by December 2015!!! :mad:

4. TreasureHunter

I'm frustrated myself. Still don't own a single coin of any kind, because I can't get through the payment systems. Either I don't trust them or, there are country-specific issues. Tried a bunch of sites, couldn't work anything out. Trying Bitstamp now.

The best trades went past me as well :mad:, while I was watching things like a fish from the aquarium :lol:

I don't want to trade from my wallet directly. But use it to get the coins out overnight. So that they don't stay in those exchange site accounts. This way I can add them the next morning and so on.

5. TreasureHunter

BTC-e requires heavy fees. Here's what's listed on their site. Check what's in bold!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Beneficiary: Mayzus Financial Services Ltd
    Beneficiary Address: 869 High Road, London, N12 8QA, UK
    Beneficiary Account: 4030200327
    Beneficiary Czech Bank Code: 7910
    Beneficiary IBAN: CZ6979100000004030200327
    Beneficiary Bank: Deutsche Bank AG
    Beneficiary Bank Address: Jungmannova 34, 110 00 Praha 1, Czech Republic
    Beneficiary Bank SWIFT: DEUTCZPX
    Details of Payment: FFC ACC.9311.23440 ACC ID S191740E
    Fee: 1% (min fee 20$)
    Min sum allowed: 2000$
    Our bank may ask your documents due to a high fraud activity. If you seen in your btc-e account a money hold please provide a copy of you ID and utility bill in high res quality (>300DPI), create ticket with your ID in subject at https://hdbtce.kayako.com and upload your docs inside

Details of Payment is required field.
    Without correct Details of Payment we can't credit money to your account.
    Funds will be credited within 3-7 days.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You must send at least 2000 $, but they will take 20 $, while your bank will also take (mine takes 50 $!), leaving 1930 $ - which could potentially be credited within 7 days, meaning: prolly next Friday if you send today (Friday)!

:eek:

6. Emanance

Emanance Guest

You could always just send your btc from btc-e to coinjar and get them to buy it from you with a direct deposit into your Australian bank account.

7. beeteecee

beeteecee New Member Silver Stacker

Just thought I'd mention it, since it's a silver site and all.... One option is to "cash out" into PMs. If not privately, there's a number of o/s stores you can use. Both these sites are a-ok as far as not doing the dirty on you, however they don't exactly offer killer prices and rates. They do carry some cool things you don't see much on this side of the pond.

amagimetals.com and agoracommodities.com

8. Phiber

Phiber Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I do offer killer prices and all :) just sayin'

Treasure, why don't you deposit $500 cash into coinjar?
    That looks like the quickest and easier option for you.
    You might have some higher fees, but these would have been more than recovered already.

Have you tried MtGox? Also an international transfer with fees and all but such is the system :/
    Don't get too nervous: there is a delay in setting all this up, but you can rest assured that by doing it now, you are at least prepared for the next run up.

9. hsher

hsher New Member

blockchain torrent from one of the Bitcoin devs -

Topic: [ANN] Bitcoin blockchain data torrent
    https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=145386.0

This will get your client up to January 11, 2014. From there, your client can download the remaining blocks using the traditional methods.

Basically, drop the "bootstrap.dat" file into your wallet folder and then start Bitcoin-QT. The client will start searching that file for blocks first, before going to peers.

You don't even have to trust the torrent. Bitcoin-QT will perform the very same transaction checks and proof-of-work checks just as it does with its peers. Further, Bitcoin-QT includes a number of checkpoints to ensure you are indeed working with the "official" chain consensus.

NOTE - as Bitcoin-QT still needs to perform checks on everything, your client and CPU will still work hard for a few hours until verifies everything. It is much faster when first getting Bitcoin-QT up to date.