"Beeping" Iphone Silver price apps?

Discussion in 'Silver' started by adrenalin, Mar 2, 2011.

1. adrenalin

adrenalin New Member

Is there any iphone apps that beep or give you a warning when a certain Spot price is reached?

Could be handy for any possible dips.

2. PrettyPrettyShinyShiny

PrettyPrettyShinyShiny Well-Known Member

:/ ..... Wish I had an iphone.. too addicted to white metal to afford one :D . Yeah that sort of alert would get me interested in purchasing an iphone..

Do you think there will be another dip under $33?

3. spannermonkey

spannermonkey Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Give DGSE Dallas gold & silver exchang,it has alarms & it's a freebie

4. spannermonkey

JB HIFI on Telstra $60 a month ,you walk out in half an
    hour with your number ported
    I've had mine 2 weeks & only turn on the pc only to watch tv

5. Lord Dragon

Lord Dragon Member

Cmon guys surely you would want to get HTC Desires or something over iphones. I never took you guys for sheeple :D

6. Guest

Guest Guest

It's a trinket. You don't need one at all and spending your hard earned on silver is never to be seen as a poor investment decision.

Just get a random POS and be content with it, spend the savings on metal.

7. Lord Dragon

Lord Dragon Member

There is much to be said for having access to the internet when out and about.
    Being able to check up say the going prices for a coin you are looking at in a coin shop vs SS. That could easily save you money.

And knowledge is power, if you have access to google that knows all does that not make you all knowing and thus all powerful? :)

8. spannermonkey

I hated these things intill I got mine
    Always thought they were a fashion item untill I got 1

9. Dwayne

Dwayne New Member

You know, some people just want something that works without any hassle and has a good range of software available and don't base their individuality and personality on what gadgets they own and use :)

10. f40

f40 Member

I think the point Lord Dragon is trying to make is there are other phones out there the do MORE things BETTER than the iphone but simply dont have the apple logo that the sheeple will queue for days to purchase.

Apple is great at reinventing the wheel, i.e. Facetime, videos calls have been out on mobile phones for years, but apple releases it last year and somehow its "revolutionary"!

11. f40

f40 Member

Well why would you buy an iphone 4 then?

Ever heard of antennagate?

12. Dwayne

Dwayne New Member

Sure, but since I was planning on using a case anyway, I made the conscious decision that it wouldn't affect me even if there was a problem.

See Feature lists aren't always the most important thing. Personally I use the tool that works best for me, and I did look at alternatives. It seems to me that the rabid "x is the best and everybody should decide the same as me" is the real sheeple behavior.

13. Guest

Guest Guest

I assume you're talking about numismatics, because I'm yet to find a coin store that prices their stock in real time to spot.

14. intelligencer

intelligencer Active Member

I owned an iphone for the first 18 months they were here, from launch day July 2008.

Switched to Android early last year when I got sick of the Apple lock in and seeing everyone had one.

I like undiscovered and or Veblen goods ;)

One day I'll probably have to switch away from Android when it also becomes saturated.

15. Lord Dragon

Lord Dragon Member

Well Windows Phone has recently come out. I dont think you will see a big uptake on that.

16. Guest

Guest Guest

Don't get me wrong, I actually do tip my hat to Apple. They're one of the few profitable companies in the US that works on innovation and supplying the market in a manner to which they're used to. Of course the actual tech might be already established in many circumstances, but they are delivering it in a fashion that the 'average' consumer can relate to and use simply. I think Apple products on the whole are actually pretty good quality and do the job they're made to do.

But I also know they price a lot based on reputation and the logo as well. I personally don't like being locked down by what I pay for and being a technician myself, appreciate a lot less hand holding in my tech.

The problem with buying things like that for me is I always get that nagging 'damn, this could have bought a kilo of silver' thought in the back of the head ;)

I am more than happy to pay a premium price for a premium product, I just have to be sure I actually NEED it before I'm willing to shell out the clams.

17. Lord Dragon

Lord Dragon Member

Oh now this I do have a very big issue with.

Apple take products already on the market and add a proprietary plug to it and then hand it to their marketing juggernaught and their fanboi minions.
    They consistantly produce inferior products but people just keep buying them.

People credit them with the Ipod. My god I had Mp3 players years before these came out. Imacs are just regular PCs with an apple sticker on them.

They are not innovating they are marketing.

18. intelligencer

intelligencer Active Member

I hate the bandwagon effect of the iphone, but Windows Phone..... the concept has been rebooted over and over.... I cant help but associate it with the tryhard effect, always doomed for failure. Like the Zune, vapourware tablets, and other Windows efforts to get into consumer electronics; I just think Microsoft is a perpetual failure in this dept.

19. f40

f40 Member

Its actually pretty good, i was playing around with a HTC 7 Mozart the other day for a few hours.

Much smoother and more refined than Android already i would say.....

One of the big things for me that i use with Android all the time is been able to turn my phone into a Wifi Hotspot, until i can do than with Win Phone 7 i cant move.

20. f40

f40 Member

Xbox 360 anybody???