Bailing out in 2013, or are you in love?

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Greenman, Dec 20, 2012.

1. Auspm

Auspm New Member

I seriously wonder if this is actually a silver stackers forum anymore.

Every day you see the attitudes go more and more mainstream and you just have to shake your head and wonder wtf happened here.

If you look at the way the forum has shifted in the last couple years you'll see over and over again that all roads lead to property, you should all borrow and buy income producing assets, gold and silver are over rated hedges, smart use of debt = smart investor, everything else is just wishful thinking.

Seriously, if you removed 'Silver Stackers' and just renamed the forum 'Investment Forum Australia', there really wouldn't be that much difference here anymore with the underlying tone and topics of conversation.

It's almost a mocking attitude from some members on 'stackers' here lately that really has me scratching my head in bewilderment and wondering if we really are on the same page.

Two years ago there's absolutely no chance in hell I'd ever have assumed you'd have to defend sitting on a core metal position on this forum.

Now if you admit you're not a debtor, save in metals and don't trust fiat you're almost attacked and mocked here for your 'stupidity'

This place has really gone weird lately... there's honestly no other way to describe it.

Not having a shot at anyone in particular, just lamenting the direction this community has gone & where it's core mindset now seems to lie.

2. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

Mate - for once we are in complete agreement! :D

Which is why I wouldn't touch RE! It's an income destroying liability at this point in time.... :lol:

3. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

It's simple - we've been overrun by zombies who are mesmorised by- and love the status quo "system" in existance.
    Useful idiots if you will ... :lol:

4. ncbullion

ncbullion New Member

I agree with you Auspm. I have no debt, save in gold and silver ( with some cash ) and feel very good.....No interest
    getting into the property market at the moment. But have spread my wings into the gold mines.

5. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

I dont know mate - i kinda enjoy having so many dumbo's around ... it sure provides me with plenty of 'material' not to mention comic relief! :lol:

6. Auspm

Auspm New Member

I'm not saying that to be snide or narky mate. I am genuinely concerned at where this community is headed right now.

Say you're a new guy off the street & just heard about this silver investment thing.

You browse through a dozen threads here chosen randomly, you'd be forgiven for thinking you've just landed in just any old investment forum with a slight precious metals slant.

You honestly have to dig through a LOT of white noise here of late after you get past GP's 'Buying silver in Australia' sticky to see anything that you can't pick up from www.news.com.au or any other mainstream forum with an 'investment' subforum.

If you're thinking away from what the MSM tells us is 'real investment', you're almost on the back foot here constantly justifying your mindset.

It hasn't been a sudden process, but something that's happened over time to where it is now.

This isn't the only thread example where you can point to specifics that show this trend, it's just more and more common now.

I think we're becoming a community of mainstream 'investors' with a 'hedge in metals', but moving more towards what everyone out there considers 'common investment wisdom' with a little 'insider' info on the side that you can take advantage of.

Just what is it here at the end of 2012 to TRULY be a 'stacker'. What actually DEFINES a stacker around here anymore?

Shit, I'm confused and I've been stacking for bloody years... good luck to the new guys!

:rolleyes:

7. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

I know what i know and no matter how many dumbos make stupuid mainstream comments on here it will simply provide me with amusement.

Advice to any newcomer ... just read Mike Maloney's book and furthermore don't worry about the half baked paper panzies and gubmint lovers on this site. :lol:

8. renovator

renovator Well-Known Member

Bullshit !!!! Ive seen multiple threads of yours selling KG bars & read in others how you sold some at the stackers meet . Not all of us have memories like goldfish ......I'l have to start calling you nemo i think :D

9. Argentum

Argentum Well-Known Member

I think its pretty stupid to think at what $ amount you will get out permanently its value you should be chasing not a number. If with your current stack you can currently buy a Kia Rio and when silver goes to $200 you can still buy a new Kia Rio (or whatever model they call it then) it might make you feel good that your investment "paid off" in $ terms but all you have achieved is keeping your wealth for that time. Pick about 10 things you can buy; like oil, median house price, bread, high quality agricult. land per m2, anything like that and see how much of each your stack can buy maybe plot a graph of ea in relation to time and when you that your stack is buying a lot more of many/most of those items then you sell.

Numbers can be very deceiving. Kind of like when i teach kids simple and compound interest and I ask them would you rather have your parents give you a $1000 today and every day after 1000 more so 1000, 2000,3000,4000.. for next 30 days or

today 1cent, 2cents, 4 cents, 8cents... for 30 days. Most pick the first one, except the ones that have learned that i like to lay traps for them to fall in :)

10. renovator

Im not sure that people giving differing opinions on how to make money so you can buy MORE PMs is a bad thing

Yes your right all roads lead to property even you have said its your endgame so whats the problem? Along with dozens of others whos endgame is the same by their own admission .

Its the waiting until the GSR is this or the houses in ounces concept is thrown around as gospel that gets a rise from those who already own RE & done it without the weird & wonderful concepts you guys think .

People join the forum not knowing there is a RE section its hidden for a reason . They join because they stack & the reality is some stackers are into RE ..Personally im happy theres a few realists here or it would be a bunch of weirdo conspiracy theorists complaining about life in general how its not fair the system is screwing you houses are too expensive & out of our reach etc etc etc . Thank god for the adults who just get on with the job & try to help others get to the same position ..

I really dont see the problem.

11. wrcmad

wrcmad Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

+1. Your full of it YKY.
    Don't make me post a screen shot of your sales thread which has silver valued in $, plus market discovery & spot adjustment. :p

{now get ready to hear crickets as YKY quietly exits this thread} :lol:

12. Auspm

Auspm New Member

I didn't say it was my end game.

I said I'd like to buy arable land to live off, I didn't say I want to sell my PMs necessarily to do so.

It's twisting the point I'm trying to make though.

Here on SS nowadays it's constantly pushed buy property, buy property, buy property - turtle the cost you idiot - BUY PROPERTY!

But I want to discuss other investments.... NO IDIOT! SHUT UP AND BUY PROPERTY! HAVE YOU LEARNED NOTHING!!!!!?????

It's honestly exhausting to hear it spouted so much and the vitriol aimed at those who are not on board is equally exhausting.

I don't go to the RE forum anymore because I'm sick of arguing with people about this one track mindset.

I want a place to LIVE - sure - don't we all?

I don't want to INVEST in property though, there's a difference.

But that's all we hear on SS now and if you're not with the program, there's all sorts of select names for your mindset and this supposed side issue discussion is spilling over everywhere on the friggen forum now like a cancer.

And yet, here we are in the SILVER subforum discussing what?

PROPERTY!

AARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. renovator

Your such a wank sometimes yip . Heres you saying your going to be a paper panzie see post #4

http://forums.silverstackers.com/topic-34879-what-are-feb-2013-g13-gold-futures.html

14. renovator

post the screen shot !!!! ....post the screen shot !!!! :lol:

15. renovator

You need to go over to the midnight thread with that pirate talk arrrrrrggghhh :p:

16. Giodor8

Giodor8 Active Member

Its quite possible that the trolls that discredit PM investing are paid trolls so my best advice to them would be to get a real job! If you have managed to preserve your wealth with PMs and thats all you did you are way ahead of the lemming population thats happy with 3% bank interest on their fiat.

17. wrcmad

wrcmad Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Okie dokie :D

Exhibit A: A sales thread for 1kg PAMPS by a member who claims:

1) They do not value silver in $. :lol:
    2) There is no price discovery in the physical silver market. :lol: :lol:
    3) Spot price is irrelevent to phys silver. :lol: :lol: :lol:

[​IMG]

18. Aureus

Aureus Active Member Silver Stacker

I bought 1kg loaf of Silver off Yippe so there goes that lol

19. pokerfien

pokerfien New Member

I would sell at the $40ish $50ish mark making a a profit of $10-$20ish dollers per oz and re-buying all of it + more with profits when prices drop again because we all know they will. I LOVE SILVER but lets face it its an investment and if i can profit i will sell, specially knowing there will be another opportunity to buy and be able to afford more thanks to the profit that was made when sold. And lets face it silver WILL NOT hit $200 or go over the $100 mark for that matter any time soon.

So to recap selling at a decent profit because as an investor it is the smart thing to do when faced with a volatile market where (with extremely high possibility) you can re-buy again in the near future at a fairly big price drop from the one you sold, making a decent profit and getting more for your money when that drop does happen at no extra cost from your own pocket.

Anything above one third is good business and a huge percentage that no bank will even closely match, so common sense tells me SELL at that rate. I wont bother wondering what if because that is not smart investing. If silver does shoot up to unbelievable prices after i sell well that was a long shot and that is life, as long as i made a decent profit i would be happy knowing i got 33.33%+ return for my investment within a year and that is good business, i could live with that :)

20. renovator

Exhibit B :lol:

Didley must the the name of the bar he has left