Backing the truck up

Discussion in 'Silver' started by SilverTouch, Jun 26, 2013.

1. SilverTouch

SilverTouch Active Member Silver Stacker

The topic people is "Whos backing the truck up for what possibly could be the final drop in this downtrend?"

I personally said i would not buy again till it reached $18.75 USD, because that is the 75% retracment, but seems that it is still dropping this looking very very tempting :D

2. SilverTouch

SilverTouch Active Member Silver Stacker

Just to note everyone id prefer to see it going up not down, but i do think this had to happen and will be the final drop and if im wrong i will never mention what the price will do again lol

3. SilverSanchez

SilverSanchez Active Member

If backing the truck up is spending every last dollar on silver/gold,

Ive been doing that sporatically since the first drop to $22, im trying to squeeze ever last $1k I have to buy metal and stocks considering AUD's inflationary plummet caused by rediculously stupid monetary overlords, making decisions to royally screw savers like me and my family.

4. RMP

RMP New Member

Bye bye toys, I'll miss you...

5. SilverSanchez

SilverSanchez Active Member

I wonder if anyone during the pivital moments in history knew they were going through it at the time.

We are in a crazy accounting moment or day of reconning (or orchestrated globalist agenda) that is unprecendented in all of world history.

This isnt the beginning of the end..... its the end of the beginning, we havent even gotten into the times of the bible book of Revelation yet...

6. House

House Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Delay gratification and in 5 years time you can buy more toys that are far mor awesomer :D

7. Court Jester

Court Jester Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Fixed it for you?:

Delay gratification and in 25 years time you can buy more toys that are far mor awesomer :D

8. Agnostic

Agnostic Active Member Silver Stacker

That really made me laugh!

My family has suffered patiently through my long-term views for many years...

9. Silverlicious

Silverlicious Member

You are quite the pessimist aren't you? I wonder if all those trades against your name were you selling out and now you return with a bitter pill in your mouth. Maybe I'm wrong. But if your argument is that you are 'trying to keep it real', then I'd be intrigues to hear your theory behind a 25 year turn around aside from historical figures. Which we all should know by now CANNOT be relied upon. Don't take this as a personal insult, but I'd be keen to hear some detailed methodology behind your comments.

10. House

House Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

You cheeky monkey... First thing I thought of when I saw you had replied! The toys will definitely be better in 25years so may actually work in his favour :p Should have the Hoverboard from Back to the Future figured out by then

11. DanielM

DanielM Active Member Silver Stacker

If it drops another $1.80 I'll pinch some pennies off the mortgage(which is priority number 1 at this stage) and get a 100pack of 1oz kooks, put em in storage and forget about em......my truck doesn't have much of a towing capacity.....buy a great wall they said :p

12. boston

boston Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Are you a stacker? You appear to have such disdain for AG/AU, what actually is your purpose on this forum?

13. hihosilver

hihosilver New Member

When I start hearing that phrase "back up the truck" I tend to tread carefully :/ bit like the shoe shine boy telling the stock broker to buy certain stocks :|

14. Load of Bullion

Load of Bullion Well-Known Member

In June 2009 silver hit around $16ish. Five years on it is 19 ish. Silver has always been "going to the moon" sometime soon, over the last five years, BTW.

"Backing up the truck" - A throw away phrase to hype the situation mainly, IMO.

As silver spot comes down "I may back up the truck though." :)

15. Stick Framer

Stick Framer New Member

Are you better off backing up the truck to PM's or stocks?

Which is better 1kg of silver AU$698
    Or 862 shares in CCU ?

16. MyNamesNotBen

MyNamesNotBen New Member

You can buy a lot more than 862 CCU shares for for $698. More like 8602. Damn. I remember forking out nearly 7k to buy 20,000 not that long ago.

17. Newtosilver

Newtosilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

99% of people would not have and the 1% who did would have just jagged it......

18. MyNamesNotBen

MyNamesNotBen New Member

One could definitely make back losses faster with PM stocks. From these prices 100%, 200% percent gains are certainly possible. Having said that i'm sticking to the metal itself for now, at least with metals if spot continues to fall I will have something to show for it. If gold goes down to $1200 AUD miners will be.... bad..

19. Court Jester

I am I am small time compared to some of you guys ( only have 250 ounces in total accumulated over a year. -- I started buying in july 12 -- so my cost per ounce is still under $30 luckly.) I like many of the coins / rounds and like collecting some of the numi stuff as It has a duel pupose for me in forced savings and something nice to display in my home.

I dont currently have faith in the underlying metal, outside it being a stop loss for my current purchases.

But I am still currently active in buying and selling where I eye what I percieve to be a bargin.

20. Court Jester

Lol I thought that as well

I bought into Newcrest mining recently @ 11.5 / share well I have taken a $2 / share hit since( $9.5 it is hovering around atm )

not as bad as the people that bought in @ $29 / share mind you but bad for me none the less. But I do honestly believe there is a better potential here than the metal its self. At the very least they should pay some dividends.

I try to divirsify. I also collect vintage mechanical watches and firearms, items that can actually have a useful purpose other than an investement vehicle.