awesome present from Dad

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Dirty White Boy, Jul 7, 2013.

1. Dirty White Boy

Dirty White Boy New Member

Has anyone ever received something cool from a friend or family member. This past week was the 4th of July so I had a few days off from work. Me and my girlfriend spent some time with my parents this week and we all had a cookout at my parents home. I love spending time with my Dad who is also my best friend and wish I had even more time to spend with him but we both work a lot. Anyway back to the point my folks know that I love to stack. I haven't been at it very long but have come a long way in the short amount of time that I have been doing it. I like to stack a little of everything bars rounds and 90% U.S. coins are my main things. Well my mom and dad gave me an awesome suprise during our holiday cookout by passing me down some silver dollars. 9 of them in total 2 morgans and 7 peace dollars. I know that might not sound like a fortune to a lot of people but I was extremely happy. I have a lot of 90% in my stack but up to that point I had no dollars. I was just wondering if anyone else has ever been suprised by getting a gift like that when they were not expecting it.

2. bloomst

bloomst Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

There's nothing better than being acknowledge by your family that you stack :D

Congrats!!

3. I would like to tell you that you have wealth beyond imagination there.
    The coins are really nice and I cherish American silver dollars myself but way beyond that is what you have with your family.
    The love in your family shines through in your post more brightly than any silver or gold.
    Thanks so much for the warm and fuzzy.
    You are very fortunate. :)

4. Sargeant Argent

Sargeant Argent New Member

I got about 13 oz. Of junk silver in my grandmas coin collection fro my dad afteer she died. She kept a bunch of commemorative coins that were just worth face value. But there was a dexent amount of junk silver in there. It was fun to look through them all.

5. DRP270

DRP270 New Member

I had a similar moment when younger and my dad (step dad actually but my dad for sure) handed me his entire coin collection. He had collected during his youth but had stopped and seeing my intense interest decided to go ahead and do it. Now it was not a sack full of gold or anything but his US cents really helped me fill out my books plus the dimes, quarters, halves, nickles and such really enhanced my collection at the time. Plus we got a bit closer as we examined the more complete collection between us. I still miss him.