Automated House Construction

Discussion in 'YouTube Digest' started by hawkeye, Aug 24, 2012.

1. hawkeye

hawkeye New Member Silver Stacker

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdbJP8Gxqog[/youtube]

2. errol43

errol43 New Member Silver Stacker

That was an eye opener to future home construction..

It was strange for me to view this tonight as I was talking to one of my sons on the phone today and we were talking about laser printers that made articles at home.

Now it seems like big objects will be able to be added to the list.

Makes the mind boggle!

Hawkeye..Thanks for posting^^^^

Regards Errol 43

Edited for spelling

3. hihosilver

hihosilver New Member

He hasn't taken into consideration one BIG point - humans will be involved and "uninvolved" on the other flip side too? :/ Of course there are negatives and positives. I reckon he has never been to a real dinkum building site in his life and is living his life/idea through Uni or a CAD program like most engineers.

Plus, does he really think in advance countries that the trade unions would allow this? does he think gubberment would permit this? that is how would they rake in the tens of millions via taxes and above all he hasn't taken into consideration that humans strive through work. Bringing home a an income stream generates satification and gives one a feeling of worth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mv2JDCKLi0k

As for building homes like these for those in the slums or poorer regions - do you think those people you are now building the homes for will appreciate it? Yes, for the intial period but give them say 1 year and they would be in tatters again hence he would be commissioned to build more homes which would obviously increase his bottom line again. I won't even go down the path of the electrical side of this dreamy story let alone the plumbing side?? :rolleyes: he says budgets always go beyond and his wouldn't ?? yea right. I reckon most of the time those so called machines would be sitting idle. To many moving parts? It would be a lego village.

the only good thing I see coming from this is that it may??? stimulate another inventor to come up with a more worthy and workable contraption. ;) or perhaps used in building jails or temporay holding pens for Christmas Island :cool:

4. willrocks

willrocks Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I think it's a brilliant idea. The building and construction industry needs something revolutionary like this.

Sure there will be a lot of teething problems, but nothing innovation can't solve.

5. hihosilver

hihosilver New Member

Yep and that Curiosity car up on mars needs a window wiper :p

6. hawkeye

I don't know how far in the future it is, but if we are talking about physical processes, which is what building a house is, there is no fundamental reason why it can't be done by machines. It will certainly require some intervention by humans, at least at first, but gradually they'll be phased out. Think about car assembly lines.

As for putting people out of jobs, at the turn of the 20th century most people worked in agriculture, now, with the rise of machines in agriculture less than 1%, I think, work there and yet people are still working. Answer, new jobs and industries will emerge. Ones that we can't even conceive of right now.

EDIT: clarification

7. hawkeye

As for trade unions and the govt, how have they fared in the manufacturing industry where things have gradually become more automated? In fact, I would say, that the larger wage demands by unions encourage employers to replace workers with machines. Last time I checked there wasn't any laws against buying machines for your business.

8. hihosilver

hihosilver New Member

very good point ;) however, the world is much more over populated now and right now the tension around the planet is rising :/ but who knows what to believe now a days. Did you ever wonder that even though the internet and it's many different channels riding on it such as Y'tube could be misleading us into thinking that all these types of conceptions are just around the corner but will never see the light of day? because powers in charge and power to be will never let them see the light of day. That story about Peak Oil is a crazy one :rolleyes: :p but could be true and if so, we are certainly up the shit in the short term but I would like to be around to see the wonderful inventions us mankind will come up with to get around that problem too. Can you imagine no more oil driven vehicles? no more tarmac roads? no more traditional traffic lights? maybe we won't even need bridges? maybe the people of the planet will resort to using the high seas much more effiecntly? land only takes up 30% of the planet? Tesla's idea about his type of electricity was brilliant till his bankers backers put an end to it. :/ sorry gone of topic :lol:

9. VRS

VRS Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

But that Chicken McNugget paste they're putting into those rsj's won't hold up to much...