Austrian Ducat

Discussion in 'Gold Coins' started by SilverKendo, Jul 20, 2014.

1. SilverKendo

SilverKendo New Member

So I decided to pick up a re-strike 1915 Austrian ducat. It is an awesome little coin. It is slightly heavier than 1/10 oz and it is much larger looking. It is thin but but looks much larger. The premium is also pretty good on a small fractional coin. I paid about $14USD over spot. By contrast the 1/10 gold Philharmonic is about $25 over spot. More gold less premium. The size and design also make it really nice to hold and look at :) All in all I'm a big fan. It is on my list with gold pesos for favorite small gold coins. Anyone else a fan of these?

2. House

House Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Nice coin indeed. Where'd you get it? They were some of the first bits gold I bought, love the old gold coins.

3. VANGBAC

VANGBAC Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

4 Ducat coin is a ripper as well same but bigger.

4. wrcmad

wrcmad Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I have a 4 ducat. It is a nice coin at 40mm diameter:

[​IMG]

5. SilverKendo

SilverKendo New Member

Thanks for the reply guys! I got it from MCM on ebay. For the size it is one of the lowest premiums I've found except some gold pesos I've picked up for below spot (so no premium at all on those). The size makes it look more impressive than it really is but the effect works on me!

The 4 ducats are super sweet! They are outside of my budget for a single coin at the moment but if I start to buy larger coins I think these might be my first stop! Thanks for sharing the photos.

I'm really impressed with some of these European coins. i think I need to start expanding my gold stacking goals to include more of them. There goes my plans right out the window lol.