Australia's war against bitcoin!!

Discussion in 'Digital Currencies' started by lurk@l0t, May 13, 2015.

1. lurk@l0t

lurk@l0t Active Member

We all know how the banks are waging a war against bitcoin.

Unfortunately it seems as though even our "alternative" financial services which are supposed to offer credible and "superior service" to the banks are also complicit in this war against bitcoin.
    You will remember the foreign exchange company "OzForex" who took an anti-bitcoin stance in 2013 to refuse to do money transfers to anything "bitcoin related" - including the top bitcoin exchanges who operate within the framework of the law and are fully registered with the required bodies.

To my disgust I discovered that the foreign exchange company "World First Online" is just as narrow minded in that they also refuse to accept customers who wish to transfer to even a fully compliant bitcoin exchange like BitFinex!
    This surprised me though because they seem to have gone to some trouble to hide this fact. I googled far and wide and did my research before opening an account with them and could not find even one anti-bitcoin article about them!
    But they are just as narrow-minded as OzForex ... steer well clear of them!

2. SpacePete

SpacePete Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

It may actually be the regulatory environment that discourages them from supporting Bitcoin. If money can be made, the banks would be in on it, but AUSTRAC and ATO rulings may make it far too risky and costly to get involved.

3. lurk@l0t

lurk@l0t Active Member

speaking of regulartory environment - there is none as far as i can tell, so companies (and banks) mostly just make stuff up which ends up meaning that they oppose/destroy anything or anybody related to bitcoin.

What happened to the senate enquiry about looking into the GST on bitcoins which was supposed to have been completed by end of March 2015?
    The silence surrounding this topic has been deafening...

4. yennus

yennus Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Hi lurk@l0t, you shouldn't be surprised by the actions of the banks and powers-that-be.

[​IMG]

Bank account closures, service refusal, etc... all part of the game. Sad, but true.

5. lurk@l0t

lurk@l0t Active Member

You can add TorFX to the list of useless f..s who also will refuse to send YOUR money to any bitcoin exchange - be it a recognised compliant one or not.

I love how they make you register with them first before telling you this, so that they can send all your information to AUSTRAC ... lol

Must be an Aussie thing this ... kinda like Nazi Germany where you had certain people who couldn't wait to "give up" their neighbours (or even their own grandma) to the Nazi regime.
    Every single Aussie business in the finance sector seems to be in bed with AUSTRAC and cant wait to send the details of anybody to them who has any association whatsoever with bitcoins!

6. yennus

yennus Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

[​IMG]

Unfortunately the reduction in personal freedoms are being encroached upon in most parts of the world.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    Benjamin Franklin