Australian Lunar Series 1 and 2 (1 oz Gold) Wood Presentation Boxes

Discussion in 'Gold Coins' started by Kontreri, Aug 20, 2011.

1. Kontreri

Kontreri New Member

How do you obtain these?

I tried to buy them from APMEX in the United States and I received a message at my checkout that they are not available for delivery to Australian customers.

I sent them an email asking why, no reply yet.

I also tried to purchase the Australian Lunar Series 1 (1 oz Silver) Presentation Box and got the same result.

I bought some coins from them and I had no problems. It took 10 days from placing the order to delivery to me in Brisbane by FEDEX.

There was no GST charged, only a $55 customs / inspection fees, whatever that means. (It was not GST as my purchase was a lot higher than $550).

I asked them about GST, and they told me they know not to charge GST on Australian Legal Tender coins.

Is there a better way to store / show these coins?

Any help / suggestions with Presentation Boxes would be appreciated.

2. RhythmDoctor

RhythmDoctor Active Member

Hey Konteri

Best place to buy presentation boxes is Downies - google them and give them a call - they usually have Perth Mint Presentation boxes which aren't available. Not sure about the lunars, but I have bought the Discover Australia display cases through them before. Very quick to deliver too :D

3. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

Nothing wrong with bringing metal in from overseas - they get fiat, Australia gets precious metal :)