Australian Hard Asset Magazine

Discussion in 'General Precious Metals Discussion' started by boston, Dec 28, 2014.

1. boston

boston Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Back in April/May 2011 vol1 issue2 the above magazine, which is now defunct, posted some views from some of the posters here.

It may be interesting to revisit these predictions in light of the subsequent 3 1/2 years since the articles were posted.

Whilst the actual article appears to have vanished, perhaps someone with greater sleuthing ability than I have can unearth this article and post a link.

http://www.ahametals.com/introduction-to-american-hard-assets-from-aha-investor/

2. boston

boston Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I lost on the A$60 AG side of the equation though, and in hindsight I was well off the mark overall. :(

3. Pirocco

Pirocco Well-Known Member

Judgement day is not today. It's when you wanna switch the storage of value role to medium of exchange role.
    It also depends on the degree that you're able to correct. If you buy a small amount at a peak it's easier to average down with remaining or new fiat.
    I can forget it with my mega purchase at 28 euro an ounce. Only added 15% more, and not at todays price but gradually down, upon every new bottom revisit or next lower. There was a period where I thought how can people be so shortsighted to pay over $35 for an ounce silver, considering that the money to cause a tripled general price level wasn't even created yet, let alone spent. I did abit better but relative to the zero instead of the worst, it was a peanut better.
    Bank savings are also a designed loss, but my silver purchase probably means the same as a couple decades further saving on a bank.
    There are scenarios that can put loss1 against loss2, but the best of two ugly sides is still ugly heh.

Still, I feel better now with my pile silver coins than with my former bank savings, at the very least I've reserved for the future something better than the cheapskate promise that electronic and paper money is. I'll continue to dump the new euro's for silver, trying to target the 'better' moments along market data.
    I think that the bull market is over. What's the chance that people become willing again to pay US$20 let alone $30? There were Hard Asset Lessons teached the past years. They won't forget it easily. Likely we get some bottom, some long sideways, and some trend up over a couple decades. In terms of purchasing power. What is gone, is gone.