Australian Creature Featured, The 2018 Perth Mint 'Bird of Paradise'

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by JurassicMetal, May 1, 2018.

1. JurassicMetal

JurassicMetal Member

DESIGN: The coin’s reverse depicts a representation of a Victoria’s Riflebird perched on a branch with its wings outstretched and its mouth wide open. The design includes the inscription AUSTRALIAN BIRD OF PARADISE and The Perth Mint’s ‘P’ mintmark. The Ian Rank-Broadley effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, the monetary denomination and the 2018 year-date are depicted on the coin’s obverse.

Each coin is struck by The Perth Mint from 1oz of 99.99% pure silver or gold, and issued as legal tender under the Australian Currency Act 1965. The Perth Mint will release no more than 50,000 of the Australian Bird of Paradise 2018 1oz Silver Bullion Coin and 5,000 of the Australian Bird of Paradise 2018 1oz Gold Bullion Coin.

Attached Files:

2. Soprano16

Soprano16 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

LOL, there's literally two other threads already about this in this very section of the forum :confused:

3. barsenault

barsenault Well-Known Member

Lol. that's okay. the more the merrier and confusion reigns. I wonder if they'll discontinue the kook with the introduction of this bird and the emu? I sure do hope so. I didn't even bother buying this year's kook. Just too many different variations. They really should call it a day on those.