Australia: Running Out of Luck Down Under

Discussion in 'Markets & Economies' started by asdfghjkl32, Sep 7, 2012.

1. ozzanon

ozzanon New Member

(1) So if it's not about net profit, how is it that China has such large currency reserves?

They government holds American T Bills (yes currency) but some would argue a currency they can't cash. As an FYI - these businesses that are running at a loss are predominantly state (government) owned.

(2) keeping a large population employed (irrespective of the costs) seems a sensible strategy for a government. -

Absolutely if you want to remain in power. Though you can't keep producing at a loss. Something has got to give and it will. And when it does, bye bye Australian mining industry. Stockpiles of resources are building up too, unused, gathering dust as demand for Chinese produced goods retreats.

(3) China does not have a monopoly on "politics and controlling the masses". -

sorry but I don't understand this point

2. ozzanon

ozzanon New Member

He likes to dish it out too my friend. Besides, a bit of aggressiveness never killed anybody. Take it on the chin, dust yourself off, and move on is my MO ;)

3. boyracer

boyracer Member

Not sure I agree with anything you've typed. Coming across as needlessly aggressive dilutes whatever message you might have and people simply respond to the tone (intended or not) instead of any input you might have of actual worth.

Have a look though various threads in the Real Estate sub-forum if you need some relevant examples of such a phenomenon.

My advice, which you are of course free to ignore, is tone it down and people just might show some respect to you. Come across as as petulant attention starved kid and expect none.