Are guns PM

Discussion in 'General Precious Metals Discussion' started by copperhead, Apr 3, 2016.

1. copperhead

copperhead Active Member

I decided to put here a question .
    Dec 2015 I got a panicked feeling
    The world is experiencing turmoil of a hostile nature

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4K...RobuR0_ae47jYSdM6fn1inzEo3Dn82LFbPcIy5bXejvLQ
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6sIEfruXe4

This reality has just started . In America the left only wants to bring in unknown
    people with intentions that are equal to Europe disasters.

So sadly for better or worse I've been taking my silver investment moneys and building
    an arsenal - - 12 Ga riot shot gun 20 Ga Mossberg 20 Ga savage 38 special 22 LR & Mag single action pistol
    naturally investment in Amo is also necessary
    A 45 colt pistol is next .

I still buy silver and gold but is this also a good investment ? I am coming to my conclusion with guns
    & I was spurned on due to worries of gun control .

2. Ipv6Ready

Ipv6Ready Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

20 Ga Mossberg Serious stuff especially the tactical 500.

Guns are not going to solve legal, illegal nor refugee immigration for the general public.

What are you going to do, go to border area and shoot them?

3. SpacePete

SpacePete Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

It shouldn't change your strategy, but you need to recognise that it is propaganda that creates the (artificial) distinction between left and right to divide the populace. You are being manipulated on an emotional level. In reality it doesn't matter who is in power, we are f*cked regardless.

4. copperhead

copperhead Active Member

No I don't want to shoot any one . Just if some how the world goes completely down
    police over whelmed - marshal law - curfews - roaming gangs - I just want to be able to offer myself
    to the community & protect my family in a tactical way.

I guess in reality if the world goes kaput gun fights are not realistic , sooner or later a bullet would get you . I do worry of the racist overtones , particular to my religion . I am of the View
    " Never again "

5. phrenzy

phrenzy In Memoriam - July 2017 Silver Stacker

They aren't PMs obviously. Whether they're a required stack item is another question that's been debated here more than once.

I think there's this idea that financial or economic collapse means that the original mad max is more of a glimpse into the future or training manual. This is where the more extreme pumpers do a great disservice to everyone.

We had more terrorist attacks in the 60's and 70's than we did today by a long shot. We've had financial and monetary collapses or bank runs in western countries plenty of times without it ever reverting to chaos.

Somehow they've managed to create, without directly saying but through dozens and hundreds of comments, that the next economic crisis will be so big and different they you'll be using some of your stack to buy a horse to rove over the empty interior of the country looking for work on pre-industrial farms or hinting and camping.

Your house and neighborhood won't go anywhere, your family will be right where they were before and almost everyone will be in the same boat financially. The lights will stay on and water will come out the taps. People will go to university and things will grind on.

Not saying there aren't certain types of collapse that could lead to high unemployment and there could be *some* unrest, but unless you're planning on joining a militia I don't think you have to worry about roving gangs of marauders that your neighborhood militia or family clan has to defend against.

Nothing against firearms, I personally really really enjoy shooting. But if it gets that bad that you're glad that you got that red dot for the m4 then there's gonna be a bigger fish and their barret or .408 will eat you through your brick wall wile you "defend"your home.

Maybe after ww3 a rem .22lr could help you hunt rabbits and feral cats for food and skins...

6. copperhead

copperhead Active Member

"To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize."

The You Tube info is massive it seems real .

not allowed to criticize , That's the truth

7. Ipv6Ready

Though wonder if there would be a market for .999 pure silver bullets.
    Small caliber obviously, ie dual purposes stacking/ currency and small game hunting if SHTF ever did occur.

8. SpacePete

SpacePete Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Yep, we can no longer call a spade a spade lest it offends some group or other.

9. copperhead

copperhead Active Member

I think in a pinch of desperation of a need of lead replacement
    Copper - Zinc - Pot metals .
    many experiments of slugs including glass

10. yennus

yennus Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

There are many places where the 7.6239mm cartridge was/is more valuable than fiat.

So in a SHTF situation, yes, I think ammo would be a good form of currency.

"Walking Dead Season 6, Episode 15, East" - Eugene

11. Court Jester

Court Jester Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

In a true SHTF scenario gold / silver will be n othing more than dead weight.

Guns, ammo, food, fuel, alachol smokes, lighters and basic survival items, toilet paper etc will be the sought after commodities. You cant feed your family or wipe yor arse with a silver bar.

12. trew

trew Active Member Silver Stacker

maybe you'd be better off stacking bullet proof vests

13. Ipv6Ready

Sort of agree here, likely to be a years before anyone gives gold or silver any real value, if SHTF.

14. phrenzy

phrenzy In Memoriam - July 2017 Silver Stacker

I can't ever begin to imagine the sorts of scenarios you are dreaming of...agreed that perhaps during a ship mutiny or ww3 scenario a 30 cal could be more valuable than this year's lunar monkey.

Even at the height of the terror during the Soviet revoloution, the siege of Sarajevo or many of the various wars, genocides or natural disasters you'd care to name gold was still gold, except for the few times when you're straight up fighting for your life and even then "hard money" of some sort could often get you out before hand or otherwise avoid it.

Just don't go around scaring yourself into thinking you live in more dangerous times than you or your parents or grandparents or great grand parents did. You dont.

I love Red Dawn. Go Wolverines. But it's not on the cards.

If it's recreational then go nuts, but you need to arm yourself against [INSERT PERSONALVERSION OF INVASION/COLLAPSE/WHATEVER]. In almost every case you're better off stacking medical supplies and moving somewhere in the wilderness with arable land and running water. Then you get a gun.

I'm thinking of getting a licence for recreation, but it's nothing to do with my stacking.

15. errol43

errol43 New Member Silver Stacker

Do yo live in the USA?

Regards Errol 43

16. Jim4silver

Jim4silver Well-Known Member

If you live in the US and can legally obtain firearms you definitely should. Not because you will be fighting against the US gov or some other country's army, but because the "locals" might get a little crazy if the gov ever has to shut off the "free stuff". Imagine the "protests" you will see when that day comes. As you know, "protest" is key word for looting, pillaging, killing, etc, because we are not talking about the olden days protests, but instead like what you have seen in recent years (think Ferguson, etc). Besides that, violent crime is high in many urban areas here and you can't count on a cop saving you if you get attacked- when seconds count the police are only minutes away as they say.

I recommend Glock for handguns for home protection and carry if you don't mind carrying a larger gun (highly reliable and virtually indestructible), although my concealed carry gun is a Smith and Wesson 642 (and 442) because they are light, have no external hammer to catch on pocket and don't print in my front pocket in a pocket holster- although I don't really care for the .38 special caliber but I use Speer Gold dot 38 plus p rounds so the pros outweigh the cons.

I am glad many states moved to allow concealed carry in recent years. I am more glad millions have obtained their licenses as the law allows. I doubt you will get many positive comments here regarding guns though Copperhead since there is a high number of folks from anti-gun ownership countries. These types have no clue what it is like to live in the US and to daily face threats from violent criminals that they will never see in their countries like we have here and in such numbers.

PS I would sell my silver before my guns if I ever got that desperate for cash. I don't think we will see any real attempt to remove the 2nd amendment, at least not for a while. I guess if the US public schools and universities can keep churning out programmed progressive libs that are more interested in trying to pass laws that let men who think they are women use the ladies' bathroom, etc, than what is happening to the rest of the country, we may be doomed in the future. Here is a vid that shows what our future leaders are to be made of possibly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJVZa9_Ha5c

Just my opinion.

Jim

17. copperhead

copperhead Active Member

Yes USA & citizens do have to pass background checks . I invest $20 per week & after a few weeks
    I make a purchase . I go for reasonably priced guns since Dec I seem to be around $200 per month
    after some ammo a sundry or two . So thats $200 less in silver .
    Unlike silver though there will be a point I need no more Guns.
    I am going to cut it down to $100 per month

As to citizens owning guns . correct or not -
    historically in the past and now if a type of country take over occurs people are like sheep
    I don't want to die today , but ultimately if an over whelming force of people , Ferguson out
    I want a chance to survive IF a drastic choice is needed .
    Ultimately law abiding people as us need realize there are viscous people out there
    who in mass numbers will kill us for there gain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIl4RkS2PWE

18. Killface

Killface Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Aren't there plenty of other forums fur gun nuts to egg each other on and ridicule us blind folks who don't fantasise about violence?

This page is for precious metals discussion.

19. errol43

errol43 New Member Silver Stacker

There was a time when you could not post about guns on SS.Gold Pelican was pretty strict on this until he went to the US, :)

Regards Errol 43

20. copperhead

copperhead Active Member

I don't don't fantasize about violence ? But I worry of it .
    In part cause we are of such an information age . You know i had Zero guns 99% of my life
    Now a simple look on you-tube's start page is like a game of poker
    what hand are they gonna expose . something blindly stupid of no use for the world or a hard hitting view of Europe or OTHER life and death reality .

So it got me to think , even though I work blue collar in a job most can't deal with
    I am a trash man - could you deal with - smell - maggots - dust - rats - mice - Bugs - more smell
    bags ripping and old food gets on you .
    With that said , I will protect my life along with my silver & gold that others want to take .
    Not now for many of us .
    But can you never say never .