anyone want some US coins graded at PCGS?

Discussion in 'Numismatics' started by phrenzy, Apr 5, 2015.

1. phrenzy

phrenzy In Memoriam - July 2017 Silver Stacker

So I have the coolest little $1 US gold coin. It's from 1852 and it's in brilliant condition. I think it's worth getting graded, but I've been told that PCGS will only accept batches of similar coins (i.e they won't accept the $1 gold coin in with a batch of Australian sovereigns). So I would have to send it on it's own to get graded which makes it prohibitively expensive just on shipping.

I have a few Morgan and peace silver dollars I could send but I wouldn't have gotten them graded on their own merits so if be doing it just because I was putting together a batch.

So really I'm wondering if anyone else had any US coins they were thinking of getting graded that we could send in as a single group to make it a little cheaper for everyone. I get my coins graded through drake sterling so it's not like we would have to send coins to each other or anything but if we could get 5 or more US coins together for submission then it would be much cheaper for everyone.

So, does anyone have anything relevant they always wanted graded but never did?

Gratuitous pictures begin now:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. thepurplepenny

thepurplepenny Active Member Silver Stacker

Might be worth reaching out to Eric at Drake Sterling and seeing if he has a US coin submission happening. He's usually happy to send coins for other people.

3. sterling-nz

sterling-nz Well-Known Member

I have a Morgan i was considering, but price was not worth the single coin.
    If you get close to the numbers you need i would be happy to send mine over to you.
    Of course i would have to know the price beforhand.
    But looking at your trades i would be happy enough to mail you my coin and the cash for the grading it you can sort the rest.