Anyone interested in APMEX group buy

Discussion in 'Gold' started by No1joey, Nov 14, 2012.

1. No1joey

No1joey Member Silver Stacker

Anyone interested in APMEX group buy?

2. Lunardragon

Lunardragon Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I will check it out tonight and let you know bro.

3. No1joey

Awesome, am going to get a couple of small items, once we have some interest we can close it off and organise the buy.

I dont mind organising it all, pick what you want, send me the $, I make the order once the funds hit, it says on checkout you can do a bank wire over the phone, will have more info soon.

Thinking however many we get in on the buy, all non item fee's - bank wire fee postage handling etc get split amongst everyone.

Any change in spot/exchange rate from when $ sent to order made (1-2 days) will be covered by me when making the order and the additional per item will need to be reimbursed to me by everyone, if it goes the other way then I will refund each group buyer the difference.

Looking to close this off in a couple of days.

Thanks.

Oh and when the items arrrive can do f2f sydney cbd or postage of your choice, this will need to be factored into the money sent.

4. No1joey

Fees look to be;

$55 customs charge
    $49 postage and handling

So about $25 per person if we get 4 ppl on board.

5. yurana

yurana Active Member Silver Stacker

What would be the benafits doing it this way
    I am intrested

6. No1joey

APMEX stock many items that are not available here, their prices are also good, splitting the fees makes them even better.

7. Bullion Stacker

Bullion Stacker Member

I may be interested, ill have a think

8. No1joey

Great, anyone interested please browse the APMEX site and decide/commit to what you want to buy and try to post here by tomorrow night confirming you are in, I will keep the details coming.

9. RetardedMonkey

RetardedMonkey Active Member Silver Stacker

Maggie has done a bunch of these APMEX group buys in the past.

Would PM her for more info if you need :)

10. needler420

needler420 Member

You should get a middle man from US to do your order then ship. You'll spend half that and still have insurance.

I've been thinking about doing this for awhile. People from Europe ( on youtube) keep asking me about it because international shipping is a lot.

Sadly I can't be that person has I don't even have the funds to start something like this, but I think it could benefit everyone. Maybe something to try in the future. That way you all aren't spending $25 bucks alone on shipping.

If I had the funds and you guys were willing id do it. After laying it all out it be like getting a ounce of silver for a minor hassle.

Come to think of it I should start buying and importing silver my self. I been seeing high demand like this for US silver.

11. Maggie

Maggie New Member Silver Stacker

I will help No1joey through this buy if he needs it.

12. No1joey

Thanks Maggie.

The shipping is through FED EX international economy.

I have had a some helpful Silver Stackers warn over a possible extra 10% GST on the goods, imposed by Customs through the parcel company.

I would ask that anyone coming in on this chooses bullion products only, no proofs etc.

I will contact Customs in the morning and APMEX tonight and see if I can get a confirmation on this.

13. No1joey

Once I have all the fees confirmed & once we have a few people in on the group buy I will take everyones orders and at the same time request AUD totals from everyone inc the scheduled fees and postage divided per buyer.

That way its all calculated at the same time, everyones funds hits my account in 2 days time. I will schedule all people involved to make payment on a specific day so I can aim to place the order in 2 days time.

Any difference over due to spot and exchange rate movement I will cover and place the order, & request the difference from each buyer after, if spot drops or exchange rates increase then I will refund the difference.

Update tomorrow on fees and possible custom duty. Im 99% sure if we purchase pure bullion (.9999 grade) there is no duty payable however this is one of two points left to be confirmed.

14. No1joey

I have a 'parcel bound' account. not sure if it would be of any use, its a US postal address that re routes to your international address, so when buying from a supplier they just see you as a US resident, its for retailers that dont post international, I will look into if may be of any benefit here.

15. Photonaware

Photonaware Active Member

For us stackers in the UK, the killer buying from Apmex is they require a minimum order of $1500 each time.
    That's tough when you only want to buy a few silver coins or maybe some accessories like boxes etc.
    I need to purchase a couple of coins to add to a set but I really don't want to increase each order to this level only to find out in a few weeks time that there is another coin to buy. A middleman in the USA who could buy from Apmex then ship to the UK would be worth exploring.

16. No1joey

My order will be over the min so were all good ;)

17. needler420

needler420 Member

Id be willing to do it as I've been asked to do this before. Problem is I have no clue what I'm doing. I don't even know how to go about converting two different currencies etc. Plus with no feedback no one would start off trusting me in a group buy. Which leaves me stuck its not like ill buy silver from your sponsors or private members when they buy it from USA.

To me its sounds good though because as a middle man every one would benefit. I'm not greedy id take a little cut as possible just enough to pay for my hassle. And only doing it with you guys paying for insurance which should be a given. I want to sleep good at night knowing that if package gets lost its not on me to cover an entire group buy. Which won't be a problem because even with insurance its cheaper then your groups buys.

If someone helped me in the process I'm more then willing to learn. I barely ever get to add to my stack ever. If anything my stack has got a whole lot smaller.

I'm almost thinking of doing it on my own and buying in bulk then coming here. Cut out the sponsors. which actually will still benefit private members at no risk. Also if I did that you guys won't have to do group buys with a min. $1,500 order. You'd be able to do like you said and a few members only get a few ounces not a roll and a half.

I got this idea from youtube because a guy from England kept asking me to get him ASE because he knew I could ship them myself with insurance for a fraction of the cost. I never went further because I'm a lost puppy on my own. I also hear sometimes its a way to beat VAT tax and those extra charges which adds up when you import.

I only have feedback on a video game site. If someone is willing to try it though I'm willing. I can't see it not working. I have ordered from apmex and most of the USA PM sites before.

I may not be that active on here but I am on more USA sites. Like goldismoney2.com

18. No1joey

Hi thank you for the offer but Im sure it will work out with APMEX direct.

19. needler420

needler420 Member

Yeah I didn't mean for now. By the time I got it down pact it would be way longer then you guys are wanting your silver. I'm mainly thinking about the future. I also don't want to do my first trade as a $2,000 dollar group buy. Living in the US i can buy under the min. 1,500 dollar order for international orders. It would only take a few ounces before I seen a profit margin. I buy myself sometimes only two ounces of silver at a time because shipping is very cheap for me.

Being a US resident I see potential to cut some other people out in a way that will benefit us all expect for the sponsors.

Like I say last resort I think I may try this on my own. Buy my own order then just start selling on here. Since mainly you are all Aussie members a lot of you would like the prices I could do shipped with insurance.

I think me doing it on my own vs group buys would be better anyway. I'm going to look into having some family and friends help me.

I've done multiple orders with most of the popular online USA dealers. Next step I need to learn is exporting and currency exchange.

20. No1joey

APMEX open in an hour and a half please post any questions and i will ask.