Anyone imported from APMEX??

Discussion in 'General Precious Metals Discussion' started by BenKenobi, Jul 16, 2016.

1. BenKenobi

BenKenobi Well-Known Member

Would like to find out if anyone has bought bullion bars into Australia and had any hiccups with Apmex or issues with Customs? If you were slogged with Customs duty etc

2. bloomst

bloomst Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

House!

3. Topherclaus

Topherclaus Active Member

I've bought one gold bar from them. It was a holographic Kinebar and it was packaged really well, but the packaging was appalling! It's a holographic design and the packaging in front of the image is all scuffed and scratched. Totally detracts the design.

They did offer to take it back but with postage costs it seemed pointless. The postage makes everything too expensive, I only did it because I couldn't find one anywhere else. It makes zero sense for silver.

4. BenKenobi

BenKenobi Well-Known Member

shame about the Kinebar, I thought they were all carded, oh yeah I have seen some rounds which are not, damned disappointing Topher, as Kinebars sell at a decent premium. Apmex was pretty rough and disrespectful of your money and product to be so careless with packaging. Yes I am only interested in gold import, no margin in silver, as stated makes little sense. Kinebars have a great design but are only available currently in 1 oz in OZ. My best price has come from London with Apmex second, but I have never dealt with them, were your dealings straight forward Topher without customs issues?

5. whinfell

whinfell Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

6. metalzzz

metalzzz Well-Known Member

Only ever did group buys with Maggie, she was the group buy Queen.

7. Topherclaus

Topherclaus Active Member

Sorry, phrasing; the bar was carded but the plastic front, where you can see the hologram finish, was all scuffed to the point it totally detracts from the design. Really disappointed. Again, they did offer to take it back but at my expense.
    I had no issues with customs.