anyone else feel theres a correction coming?

Discussion in 'Silver' started by renovator, Mar 7, 2011.

1. renovator

renovator Well-Known Member

its been going to good for a while now my feeling is a correction... then away she goes again in april . thoughts ?

2. PrettyPrettyShinyShiny

PrettyPrettyShinyShiny Well-Known Member

I thought correction at $34.50 .. this is going a bit far now... I'd suspect one shortly. Surely...

I'd be quite happy if it sat back to $31 for another month or so... she needs to calm herself down, now!!!

3. pmstacker

pmstacker New Member

Its almost hard to believe that people who bought at 20 arent getting itchy to atleast take some profit doesnt it, specially the paper holders ... i kinda feel a correction coming too :eek:

4. silverfunk

silverfunk Active Member

i dont know...
    correction or not the trends up.
    We are in a secular bull market after all.

5. renovator

renovator Well-Known Member

yep thats my thinking

6. Stedlar

Stedlar Active Member

Wouldn't you think that if paper sellers pushed down the price that the physical buyers would just move in?

I get a sense that the physical buyers are less inclined to sell. They are more invested you might say. Paper buyers wouldn't care, but the action of their selling might accentuate the paper physical disconnect

7. Stedlar

Stedlar Active Member

uncharted territory

8. Guest

Guest Guest

The Vaults are empty, demand is up , trouble in the Middle East, Comex running dry, The only correction I see is a gradual rise to true value on the way.

9. hem9

hem9 Active Member Silver Stacker

I feel there is a correction coming up but it would be shallow and soon we will break our highs. The question is if people are brave enough to time the market or will you make an error then get left behind or killed on the spreads. I'm not too brave as all the reasons why we are in a bull market is still present.

10. Trichter

Trichter Member

I don't see it really at this point.

If you hear about people with $10 million+ getting in on bullion, then I'm not sure a bit of profit taking is going to push anything down much.

At $22 I kept waiting for a drop below $20, at $28 below $25, at $33 below $30. But there have been precious few drops since 2009.

And if it does drop - where to?

11. THUCYDIDES79

THUCYDIDES79 New Member Silver Stacker

It rises 10% and than it corrects to 6% and than 2-3 weeks later, it does the same thing, and its been doing that
    for a while, this so far is the longest running move in the last 3-4 months at least imo

Either way silver has been a beaut to those who believed in its potential and acted upon it.

12. Matthew 26:14

Matthew 26:14 New Member

The buy/sell spread makes moving in and out of physical silver cost prohibitive if you try to buy/sell on dips. Physical is for long term holding.

13. Slam

Slam Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

The problem is there is no guarantee that I can get back in. Tight supplies means you can't afford to take these risks. For the sake of few bucks profit, I'm prepared to hold and ride out the greater upside potential. Heck I'm not even going to trade it for gold at this stage.

Gold has done jack all for me =D, I'm happy I'm 85% heavy in silver relative to gold.

Slam

14. Turk

Turk Active Member

There is a high chance of a solid 'correction' later this week (probably like last week's one - in the after hours markets). I was expecting one tonight but there's absolutely no sign of it yet! Perhaps later tonight JPM will wake up and start selling the air around them.

The strong volume buying in the Asian markets (when NY are asleep) is a growing trend and is very bullish. The entire silver market seems to be reaching some sort of crisis point at present. The shorts are trying to buy everyone off but they CANNOT win - and they are fast losing control. Even their take downs are short-lived now.

The next 'natural' price pause should be around USD $38/ounce.

15. smokey

smokey New Member

This is silver,it is going to happen [the correction.]
    The questions are when and how much?
    mid to late summer $10 drop to $31
    down from high of $45 March30
    bulls only please:p

16. Contrarian

Contrarian New Member

I'll be selling enough to get my initial investment back. Just not sure if I'll do it at $40 or $45. I'd be doubling my money on them and selling my 100 oz bars I think. Be happy just to sit on the smaller bars and coins then and enjoy the ride.

Anyone one want to buy some PM 100oz bars now at $45/oz and save me waiting??? That's still cheap, it's going to $500 remember. Don't miss out!

C

17. pmstacker

pmstacker New Member

I think for us thats true, but im talking more about funds that need to maximize yield for their investors, many of these funds are measured against the profit they make for their investors and anyone of these funds who was invested in silver in early days would be looking and smelling like roses if they took profit now. Some fund has been invested in silver for like a year and a half and by selling now it will cause the fund to provide a 50% profit for its members. These funds might have millions of millions invested and sell half of it off to generate their yield for the members, still be half invested and then re-invest the portion they sold in maybe a mining stock that has a potential to do very well or even invest it in the NEXT big thing (what ever that may be).

There are various different things that are considered the next big thing right now so i guess its not for guys like us who are gonna sell off but more so those larger funds.

18. malachii

malachii Well-Known Member

If we're talking funds they are more likely to be unloading at the end of this month. They usually report quarterly so they tend to offload towards the end of the quarter to lock in profits for the report.

I'm hoping for a correction but not seeing any signs at this stage.

malachii

19. Guest

Guest Guest

Silver will go up, Silver will go down. It always has, but the overall trend is up.

If you're in the physical market for the short term profits, bring your panadol, you'll need it.

The longs can just keep cost averaging their stack and giggle on the sides.

*giggles*

20. Photonaware

Photonaware Active Member

When the middle East sorts itself out, maybe in 6 weeks ?? the oil price will drop back to below $100 a barrel and silver might also fall 20 %. I certainly hope so because I am nervous about buying at the current price which I think is inflated at the moment.
    Silver has risen far too quickly recently and is overdue a correction. Global interest rates are also forecasted to increase and that will see loads of money going out of precious metals with profit taking.