Any thought on Silver Bullets - A gimmick or what?

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Coentrao, May 13, 2013.

1. gwako

gwako New Member

I actually purchased all the calibers that they had available. Gimick or not - I like it and I think they are well made.

If the 12 gauge rumors are true that would be really awesome as I would love to have it part of collection.

Thanks

2. goanna

goanna Member Silver Stacker

Mine just arrived, a set of each.
    They look (and feel) bloody great.
    They are very well made but did have a few rub marks from transport.

Even had a couple of sisters expressed genuine and enthusiastic admiration for them.

3. Stick Framer

Stick Framer New Member

4. PAGAU

PAGAU New Member

I got myself the 10oz. My young nephew thinks they are great, he doesn't stack silver but he wants these 'bullets'.
    I was wondering would the airport guys freak out if they saw these on the 'x-ray' machine in your hand luggage?

5. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

Totally. Silver shows up black - how do you think security at a gate are going to react to what appears to be ammunition in your carry-on. I wouldn't expect to be able to proceed with them, and you would probably have some face-time with the AFP trying to explain why you're carrying replica ammunition onto an airplane and at least miss a flight - and then an airline gets to decide if they want you as a passenger or not after being delayed because "oh the police thought I had ammo in my bag",

Maggie and I both looked into the legalities of these when they were first discussed for import into Australia - couldn't turn anything up that would make them a prohibited item - but an airport is just one place you would not take these. You would certainly be the "interesting event" of the day for security staff and police.