Any more new alt coins that you think have potential to grow?

Discussion in 'Digital Currencies' started by TreasureHunter, May 22, 2014.

1. TreasureHunter

TreasureHunter Well-Known Member

Hi,

I'm both amazed to see the rise of DarkCoin - another opportunity that I missed (didn't know about it). It's confusing how many alt coins there are, but again - I missed the train.

I was watching the "wrong" coins, while others came up ahead. I am surprised to see why some least marketed coins grow so much. While Doge, Namecoin

Do you see any more new coins launching now that have potential?

What would you recommend looking at when picking an alt coin? For determining the potential for growth...

It's been too late to enter Bitcoin and Litecoin in late 2013, Doge kind-of crashed... But I just can't figure out where from some people are able to know which next alt coin will grow and why?

:/

2. iluvbeanz

iluvbeanz Member

And why do you think it's too late to enter BTC or LTC? Last year around this same time, people said it was too late to buy in at $100 because they looked at 2011 and 2012 when it could have been bought at $10. Now look at where we are. If you think $500 is too late, you'll be kicking yourself if next year or two it reaches it's all time high of $1200 again.

I'm heavily against nearly all new shitcoins that have been popping up recently. They offer nothing innovative, and serve mainly for pump and dump. If you don't want to risk being left holding the bag, just avoid them all together. If you still want to follow up on these altcoins, then it's like a full time job. Look at the altcoin announcement section on bitcointalk forum, there are 12 pages of threads before it gets bumped back to yesterday's posting.

Vertcoin and Darkcoin were the go-to coins that miners flocked to when scrypt ASICs came out. In your terms, it might be too late to join vertcoin as well.

3. TreasureHunter

TreasureHunter Well-Known Member

I think there will be a window of opportunity to enter BTC or LTC a bit later. They seem to be going down. I was predicting it since late last year. Of course, many didn't like my comments.

I believe BTC, LTC and maybe 1-2 more will be really reliable.

I am surprised why pretty much all those who accept BTC actually omit LTC. Why? I do not know.